• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trying to bring a 1000 back to life

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry,
I fell in a hole! LOL
No, just been a difficult week.
I have not ordered the gasket yet. After I get the 1000 running, I will take inventory of what all I will need to order from Charlie.
I went through the fuel side last weekend. I hope to get the electrical stuff checked out and maybe try to crank it this weekend if my wife will let me. Saturday is our anniversary, and I had better do something for her or else! :errrr:

Harry,
I fell in a hole! LOL
No, just been a difficult week.
I have not ordered the gasket yet. After I get the 1000 running, I will take inventory of what all I will need to order from Charlie.
I went through the fuel side last weekend. I hope to get the electrical stuff checked out and maybe try to crank it this weekend if my wife will let me. Saturday is our anniversary, and I had better do something for her or else! :errrr:

Marty, CUBgratulations on your anniversary!

Marty - "or else" is right. :errrr:

By the way, I'll be really surprised if that gasket really gives you "just enough room" for the cables to clear. I do know what you're talking about and I've encountered the same thing. As I recall in my experiences, the cables will still move even tho you have them crammed in there. My guess is that it's something to do with the support bracket and/or clamp. Maybe it needs to be twisted to the side a little or something. Otherwise, I believe you said you already have the THICK gasket between the carb and the block, but you may need a thicker one. There is a version that has that plastic center and paper on both sides. If you have the older all paper version it may have squished to much and is causing your problem.

Harry,
It has the thick plastic gasket between the carb and motor, but has a replacement walbro carb. I asked if the owner had the original carb, but he does not.
Yes, the support bracket does stick out some, which does not help any. I will give it a closer look later to see if it appears bent any.
The cables are against the air cleaner just a little, and would probably be fine, but I wonder if they may rub on the air cleaner some while running the engine.
I had better get off here before I get caught! :errrr:

Back