• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Truckin' and Trailerin' our Cub Cadets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig - my very first car was a white 1964 VW Karmann-Ghia (would'a been difficult to use as a Cub Hauler). The engine blew up about 3 months after I bought it. This was back in 1970. When I was deciding what to do about the engine (repair/replace/etc) and I came across a white 1964 VW Karmann-Ghia with a freshly overhauled engine. That become my 2nd car. About 3 months later the engine blew up - I found out the overhaul had involved welding the case in the area of the No. 3 cylinder which was a common failure point. No more VW's for me after that. I went ALL-AMERICAN.

Why not park it out back for a parts unit, probably a lot of cash in used parts at your fingertip

Congratulations Kraig. I agree with a parts vehicle only when I looked at my old Dakota too many of the parts were just pain worn out. I was sad to sell it only the fella that bought it was a mechanic and used it for a long time. It didn't cost him labor to fix anything... just parts.

Kraig-
That's an excellent find. Congrats!

(I wonder if this new one will do the same trick in the winter where it rolls over and plays dead?)

LOL!
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Jeff, Marlin, my wife doesn't want a parts Rodeo setting around. Plus, if the old one is any indication, the stuff that needs fixing are typically wearable parts and used parts wouldn't be worth using.

Art, I certainly hope it doesn't!
icon_eek.gif

305028.jpg

facepalm.gif

Charlie, wow!
yikes.gif
You rolled that 3 times? It must have been airborne as the roof does not seem to be dented. When and where did that happen? With mine I actually only tipped it onto it's side, so only half a roll.
happy.gif

Charlie-

Like Kraig says...WOW! I'm assuming no one was seriously hurt and I'm glad for that.

Now, on to even more serious issues. Was that bed loaded with NOS cub parts?

That was back in 2000 or 2001.
A guy passed us in the right just south of Rochester in Feb., then cut back in front of us, clipped the right front fender and threw us into a round of 3 360 spins, then we hit the shoulder and the tires sunk in and the rolls started, LOL
The guy never stopped!
Funny thing is, at the 2nd roll, I reached down and hit the 4X button thinking that if I land right side up, I'm going after that SOB!
Needles to say when we stopped, it wouldn't start, Grrrrr
THEN,
I reached down and went to roll the windows up,LOL

That's the wife setting on the tailgate in the pink blanket.
I took the pics just before I started picking up stuff off the highway so people wouldn't run over things.

The ONLY good thing about crashing in Rochester is, we had 4 nurses, 2 doctors and 3 paramedics stop within seconds of it all happening, LOL

Been meaning to get pictures of the latest thing my brother and I built. Its a 1978 F150 4wd 4spd with a 302. we tore it clear down to bare frame then pulled the cross members out of the frame and sandblasted it. The cab was completely gutted and when it all went back together it got new or rebuilt parts. From bumper to bumper it is new or rebuilt. Figures up we had around 2800 hours in it. Not saying I spent much money with them but I got a Christmas card from LMC Truck. We are happy with the way it turned out. I have more pictures if you all want to see the whole build. I have tried twice to get the picture downsized but cant pull it off. I can email it if someone can downsize it for me. Thanks,Jim

Just reading back through the pages here, William Best, you REALLY need to share more pictures of that Scout with us!! That is one slick look'n truck! Tell us more about it and where you found it. You drive it often in the summer? I hope it isn't a winter driver too?
Them models are starting to grow on me. How hard is it to find parts for it?
Come on....inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for asking about the Scout II. I found it near Detroit several years ago. I believe I am the third owner. It has the 345 engine, I put a 4 bbl. AFB on it a couple years ago. It sounds like it has some kind of performance cam, it does not idle smooth but when you rev it up it comes on strong. It does have long tube headers with performance mufflers that are not very loud. Four speed tranny and Dana 44's with 3.73 gears. The body is very sound and has diamond plate floors. The seats are out of a late model car, don't know what kind, I need to wire them up as they are fully equipped with heat. I do drive it some in the summer. I drove it to a local hot rod club meet here in Greencastle. I had lot of questions to answer. Some of the younger guys had never seen one in person. Last year I found a set of five factory chrome wheels in very good condition near Shepherdsville, KY. At present it has Competition centerline wheels with Mickey Thompson Baha's. I have a set of 31x10.50x15 Goodyears I will put on the factory wheels and get them on this winter. I have not removed the top, but plan on removing it next spring. Maybe get a bikini for it, but it does not have a roll cage so don't know for sure. I found a NOS Kraco 8-track player at an auction in Terre Haute, IN about a year ago, so that will go under the dash and under the AM radio. I also found a key chain with Scout II on it at an antique shop. As far as finding parts, I think it is about the same as finding parts for older Cub Cadets, maybe not as plentiful but they are out there. Hopefully I can get more pictures and post them in the near future. Thanks again for your interest.

Steve, you have more pics of your trailer? I like the setup you have for your ramps and the short beaver tail. You said you have helper springs on your ramps? Are they on the main pivot shaft? I didn't notice them in the pictures you posted?

Do you like the open sides on the trailer vs solid side wall? I often wondered which style was more universal to have around? I guess it depends on what else the trailer might be used for too.

Any pics of it loaded with Cubs?

Mike,

I sent you a PM with a few more pics.

There are 2ea. coil helper springs on the pivot per ramp. These were ordered from PJ Trailers and are the same ones used on the regular ramp gate, I just doubled them up due to the heavier construction of my ramps.

I like the open sides, as it really multiplies your tie down options. You can always use 1/2" plywood and 1/4" carriage bolts to add removable sides on the inside of the rails if necessary.

I have used it quite a bit this summer and love the gate......multiple tractors, ZTR, marching band props, marching band pit equipment....you name it I've hauled it. Handles my weighted up SGT's with no issues.

Here it is loaded for Red Power this year with the 782DT and plow.

310663.jpg

Steve b. Your 782D and plow setup would look great parked alongside a 5488 and a 720 6-18" plow. That would make one sharp picture.

New to me 69 IH 1000 short box. I plan to stick my CC 72 in the back and take it to a few shows this summer.
312959.jpg

Thanks Mike. It came with one new rocker - to install, but needs 2. All original 60,000 some miles 232 6 cyl 3 speed. Box has only a few small holes in it. Runs and drives great. It will be fun to putt around in.

Back