• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Truckin' and Trailerin' our Cub Cadets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl, excellent point!
roflol.gif

What kind of trailer are people using to haul their cub. I’m wanting to buy a trailer but not sure what to look for I was hoping you all could give me ideas.

What kind of trailer is everyone using to haul their cub? I’m wanting to buy one and was hoping y’all could give me some ideas of what to look for.

Tim, I use an old snowmobile trailer. I like it 'cause it "breaks" and the trailer deck tilts while the tongue stays connected. HTH..

If hauling one cub I use a 10 ft. tilt trailer. IF hauling 2 or more I use a 16 ft. trailer with ramps. I will not use a rear fold up gate on a trailer. It catches wind and will cost you around 4 mpg.

Get a folding tailgate model to split the difference between MPG and ease of use.....

I don't have a garage......any more, so we opted for an enclosed 20' Atlas trailer with a spring assisted rear door. A little over kill for strictly Cub duty but it gives them a home out of the weather. Might just also have enough room for a Farmall H, with the muffler and steering wheel removed of course.

Well, I got tired of meeting my Deep Ocean Blue Z71 Silverado's twins every time I drove someplace. The floor mats were dirty and it needed tires within the next 10,000 miles. Big Red...

323728.jpg

Gerry, very nice! How close to <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> red is that?

Gerry,

They wouldn't give you a red hat and shirt to match your truck?
You did better than me. I couldn't even get a hat.

Nice truck. Now you will be seeing red twins when you go out.
lol.gif

No red shirts, but that Blue one is one of them fuzzy pullovers the sales guys all wear.. Has the dealership name on it, I'm working on ideas here...
I like the red, may be a little redder than IH red..

Here's my current setup. It's not big but works great for me so far. My 107 has a 1-7/8" ball hitch, so once unloaded it could pull the trailer around itself.

Loaded up the day I brought my Cub home. The trailer tilts at the axel so I was able to drive right on. Note the ATV tires hang over the edge just a little bit. Glad I asked overall width ahead of time, so I could put some blocks inside the trailer sides for the wheels to drive/sit on (see next picture).
IMG_20191028_174021.jpg

Installed blocks for the rear wheels to sit on.
IMG_20191027_193947.jpg

The "tow rig". 2014 Wrangler JK Sport, 5 speed manual. This thing can't haul a ton, but it's a blast to drive. Same trailer in this picture, I have since removed the sides though for the Cub pickup. The sides are getting pretty old and I am going to spend the winter noodling over what to do with it. I like the low/no sides for hauling the Cub, but the sides are nice for most other cargo.
IMG_20191025_094904.jpg

Empty w/no cover on the box.
Got home last night an this showed on the dash
It dropped from 20.7 to 20.6 just as i was about to take the picture!!
I'm a happy camper!
Ram has 49,500 mi on the clock now, 5 years old now almost to the day

View attachment 138801
Better than I get in my Jeep Wrangler! Then again my commute (when I used to actually commute) was all stop and go, and I've got a lead foot ;)

YEah, I have a 96 Cherokee and it's mileage sucks!!~
The Ram usually shows around 11-13 just for short stuff like I usually do but I try not to drive it much for that..
We will be making the same trip later this summer with The Lance on board and grossing right at 14K.
Will be interesting making the comparison.
IIRC I got near the 20 MPG mark when I was on the way home from TX where I took delivery.

This is my 'enabler', gets the job done for me!
Believe it or not there is a 122 in the pile in back.
There is also something else back there very hard to find, can you see it?

Tundra_122.jpg

Back