• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Troy Bilt Pony Tiller wheel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Black

hello anyone out there have a blown up pony tiller and like to sell the wheels... there 4.1x6 with 1 inch hub...
TB no longer sells them and no after markets found..
i tought about turning the axle down a lil and maybe fit snow blower wheels.. but the ones i have are to wide. gfrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

i just cant belive how hard it is to find these wheels and that TB stop making them.. i think even 5 year old ponys they stoped making them ..
and per TB support .. they say the new pony wheel is smaller axle size.
so they retooled and changed the size of the shaft... how much they save to retool no idea. but to me wasnt worth it lol

PS: no idea how or why the wheel was destroyed.. i forgot to ask the PO hows whys and so ons.. darn thing is like brand new to hate to trash it ... or run it over with my gardenway horse. that was built in TROY NY ..

i think i did.. i checked so many places i forget lol.. ill double check tho... thank you

edit ps .. yep 14 inch od is smallest... this is 10 or 12 ..
o will lol guess ill toss it ..
Ken, not being one to toss away..Have you considered new wheels and boring them to size of shaft?? Have you considered 2 narrow wheels side by side.?? There must be a zillion 6 in. wheels out there..Push mower wheels??

Ken, not being one to toss away..Have you considered new wheels and boring them to size of shaft?? Have you considered 2 narrow wheels side by side.?? There must be a zillion 6 in. wheels out there..Push mower wheels??
yeah i wouldnt use push mower wheels.. these are a bit heavyer .. the size of the wheel/tire it seems to be a oldballish..
i might have a pair not sure. hate to order and there wrong. plus the tire is probley not goin to work that is on the wheel.

heck if someone wants it .. ill let it go for real cheap.. i have nothing small enough to use it anyways lol

176495146_10219165182060054_3525737290345443173_n.jpg

What size is the wheel/tire? What does the center (hub) look like? Pictures?

Ken, I have a "pony"....The dia. of those wheels don't mean squat.( I know they are part of the drive ratio)The width of course does.I would be looking for 2 wheels that were close....You said "toss it" I assumed "junk it" That's something I rarely do..Just trying to help....

Ken, I have a "pony"....The dia. of those wheels don't mean squat.( I know they are part of the drive ratio)The width of course does.I would be looking for 2 wheels that were close....You said "toss it" I assumed "junk it" That's something I rarely do..Just trying to help....
normaly yes i would agree with the diameter of wheel not mater to much... but with this.. the tine cover is the factor lol.. not much room there .. was goin to toss horse wheels on it.. but grrrr no room lol .. i guess i let it sit in the corner maybe off the motor as it has the 2 pully setup.

What size is the wheel/tire? What does the center (hub) look like? Pictures?
heres the wheel n tire.. but oooo sure what i see everywhere lol... NA or out of stock lol grrrrrrrrrrr

also newer wheels are 3/4 inch i guess... heck even they are not around lol.. i guess for them to sell newer models they stop making wheels lol

will the place below has 3/4 hub. i guess i could grab one and start it up and let the axle spin. put grinder to it and take it down to 3/4 inch.

https://lawnmowertirestore.com/1-in...rim-troy-bilt-tiller-replacement-wheel-1.html

Last edited:
Ken, I guess it just depends on how bad you want to use it.There are many ways to make a hub work on small equip.but it does take being willing to modify.Example.....buy 2 3/4 shaft hubs have adapters made to go thru hub with a female adapter on the other side to 1 in. Wheels would run wider of course...just thinking....put an ad on Craigs list or facebook for old parts...they made a zillion....

Ken, I guess it just depends on how bad you want to use it.There are many ways to make a hub work on small equip.but it does take being willing to modify.Example.....buy 2 3/4 shaft hubs have adapters made to go thru hub with a female adapter on the other side to 1 in. Wheels would run wider of course...just thinking....put an ad on Craigs list or facebook for old parts...they made a zillion....
i would think thats more then its worth lol ... i think iam goin to try the spin the axle under power and grind it down to 3/4 inch.. i go slow and easy i think it will be fine..

just so messed up that this wheel is like tryin to find hens teeth ... lol

Back