• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trnasfer pump for gas cans

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
I can carry 6 gallon gas cans with no problem, but trying to fill the 129 or any of my other lawn equipment usually ends with spilled gas. I've looked on Amazon, see one that uses 4 AA call batteries for about 60 bucks, but not all good reviews. I'd like something that actually has a shut off nozzle and is powered. Any suggestions from the gang?

Where's spell check when ya need it??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thanks! The powered one meets my criteria, but looks about like the one Amazon is selling. Reviews of the Amazon one leave some questions as to longevity. Northern Tool sells some, that I like , until you read the fine print - not approved for gasoline "due to the lower flash point".
I may look at building my own setup, using a regular DC fuel pump...

Gerry,

I saw one of these the other day and liked the looks of it. I don't have one, but have really considered getting one. All of my cans are starting to show their age. It doesn't have a pump, but with the design it looks like it would make filling the tank much easier, even lifting the can to fill a Cub with a tank on/in the engine compartment.

Update October 2018..
My long suffering next door neighbor Mike just gave me a birthday present - this is a "As seen on TV" product, 2 for $19.00. The thing works! It even has an auto shutoff and drain back so it doesn't drizzle when you take it out of the gas can. I filled both tanks on my Scag mower (6 gallons) in a couple of minutes. We'll see how long they work. I don't have trouble handling a 6 gallon can in and out of the pickup box, but tipping it up and dumping into the mower or the 129 without spilling gas has always been a challenge. Nary a drop with this little gem. I'll keep an update on longevity. Woo Hoo!

Note - Checking their website, I see they say 1 for 19.99. I don't know how he got the 2 fer offer, maybe after he ordered the first one, they gave him a coupon.... As far as I'm concerned, If I can get away from the gas spilling routine for under 20 bucks, it's worth it (Uhh yeah, I know, birthday present, so I don't have 20 bucks in it, but it was worth it to Mike to not listen to me P&M about spilling gas all the time)

323369.jpg

6 month report.. still works great, fillups are no longer a weight lifting, dribble gas down my shirt onto my shoes job. I recommend!

Latest posts

Back