• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trial Run

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkirk

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Kirk
1250.2 June 2007 003.jpg

Just testing.

Thanks guys! It is a little shaky as it was filmed by my then 13 year old. However, that is also part of the cool factor to me. I very much enjoy sharing this hobby with my kiddos. It is also awesome to have a site like this to retain this interaction like a time capsule. As I look back at my 682 restore thread, I’m amazed at how young my children were then.

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/threads/the-cubbie-my-682.6891/
Regarding the new site, it takes a little while to get used to a new system but this one is so user friendly and capable. I was able to find and imbed that thread right here in about 5 seconds. Great for reference in a discussion. It is my desire that as people discover how easy it is to utilize, not only from the computer but also smart devices, that regular users will grow steadily once again...

Very nice video I enjoyed it! Brought back Memories. I was a youngster too when I rode my first Cub. I'm 66 years old now and still ride'n that same one in my avitar!

Thanks guys for all the kind responses and pictures of nice IH Cub Cadet equipment. Latest project at Kirk Engines, Inc. is a Hall-effect, solid state ignition trigger to replace the breaker points on Kohler K-series engines. I've been running a first prototype on my 1250 for the last few months and it's working perfectly. Product is designed to be used in conjunction with a Trandenser. It's not ready for prime time yet, but I should have enough test hours on it by next Spring for a product release. Onan engines will be included too. Please watch my site for a description and product release in the Spring.

I'm getting the urge to build up another hot rod Killer Kohler K301. The original is still running perfectly as installed in my 1250 but it's just fun putting these things together. In my parts stash I have a brand new K361 Alcoa forged con rod, .010 over Mahle piston, and a K361 camshaft. Also, still have the original engine out of my 1250 that would be used for the build up.

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait for that build. Please start a thread to record your progress on that. I have two Kohler’s sitting around here that really could use a “killer” build and I would definitely be interested in the details of what you put together. I’m also looking forward to the release of the new aforementioned ignition...

DAVE - Great to see you posting again, your projects are always so interesting for us.

Since you mention building another Killer Kohler, are we to assume your favorite machine shop is still open and doing crazy things with impossible to replace engine parts? Been 6-7 years since they did the machine work on my last engine. I know they do IH engines, and I'm getting ready to do a "Killer C-164" or would probably be a C-169. There's a skill set at that shop you don't find many other places.

Hi Dennis - thank you for the kind words. I may have posted my intentions on the Killer Kohler II a bit prematurely. I promised a good friend that I'd rebuild his Cushman scooter engine over the winter so this takes priority over the Kohler. These old cast-iron Cushman single-cylinder engines are really neat - very heavy duty and well engineered, quite similar to the Kohler K-series. I'll post a few pictures as it progresses, even though a bit off topic, but the engine guys should like it.

Dave - By all means post pictures of your Cushman build project. We have a couple Cushman fans here, Gerry Ide for one, probably others.
It amazes me how you keep finding more Alcoa forged conn rods.

Dave, Which engine are you rebuilding, an M8?
I hope it's an M8 and not one of those Godforsaken OMC things! Flatheads Rule!!!!!!!!! ( my '56 Eagle now has a Vanguard in it, but my heart is still with the Husky :) ).

Attachments

• 100_0780.JPG
    100_0780.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 255
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm not sure which model Cushman engine this is, but it is a cast-iron, L-head that I believe is rated at 5 hp. It's out of the Pacemaker scooter and has a centrifugal clutch installed. When received, it had no spark but after cleaning breaker points, it fired right up, mounted to a plywood board. Some blue smoke in the exhaust so it will need to be re-bored .010 over, if pistons and rings are still available. Should be a fun project. I'll have to check to see if any Kohler parts could be substituted - highly doubtful but sometimes you get lucky.

Dennis - the Alcoa rods are some that I've picked up over the years and stored. I have one that's new in the box!

Back