• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trees

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwalker

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Richard Walker, Jr.
Hi All,
Wanted to share my cadet usage (among other things) this past weekend. Last week a dead tree came down and struck the house. Luckily, the tree broke instead of the house and just missed the AC system.

321903.jpg

The problem at that point was this tree was one of eight in the cluster and all but one was leaning towards the house.

I needed one of these in order to safely remove the trees and not hit the house.

321904.jpg

The lift had a reach of 40 feet which I maxed out to get as high as possible. Below I am making the first cut taking the top off a tree.

321905.jpg

It allowed me to take the trees down in sections starting from the top. Below I am cutting the second section of a tree.

321906.jpg

More on the trees:

The cadets had plenty of use I this process.

321912.jpg

I was very glad to own a loader.

321913.jpg

The lift had just enough reach to get to the roof of the second-floor dormer. It had a branch stuck under a shingle when the tree hit the house.

321914.jpg

After two VERY HOT (90’s) days this is the result. The stumps will have to come out another time.

321915.jpg

Richard, nice! How was using the lift? I've been in bucket trucks before, but am hesitant on the trailer version. Wobbly anymore than usual at all?

Nice work...HARD work!!!

Glad it was you and not me!!!

I'll 2x Kraig's "Nice loader"!!!!

Thanks Guys,

Earl, I was very surprised there was not a lot of wobble. I felt very secure. It was very easy to control.

I need to do some work on that same side of my house on the second floor. For $250 for a day I am thinking I will rent it again. It will be a lot easier than moving a 38 foot extension ladder several times.

Back