• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tree trimming help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt Doles

IHCC Supporter
I really enjoy trimming trees however the cleanup not so much. The cub and the 6x10 trailer make it a lot easier.
20221010_175407.jpg

Looks like you've got your burn pile ready in the picture, I have one going nonstop. I like to gather tree limbs into a bunch with rope and drag them to the pile. I've got white ash trees dying constantly and limbs coming down, and it's insane what people are charging to cleanup trees around here. That is a nice tractor.

PHILLIP - I've pulled full size farm wagons, hay racks, all kinds of things WAY bigger than a 7 hp Cub Cadet with tiny turf tires and no rear wheel weights should be hooked to. I was mowing the barnyard one day and Dad hollared at me to pull the empty hay rack across the yard. DAD and the neighbor helped me hook up, then hopped up on the front and rode across the barnyard. The rack had 4 wheels, one on each corner, so no weight transfer. My two passengers hopped off the rack and pushed back a little and my forward progress stopped instantly. Now days with lugged tires and a couple hundred pounds of wheel weights on each tractor I can move MUCH heavier things. Like my PRONOVOST p503 hyd dump cart, Lots of weight transfer onto the tractor, 3000# capacity loads plus 700# empty weight, hooked onto the ends of my lower 3-pt hitch arms, front end of the 982 gets light in front if I hit even the slightest depression. The best trick is a 2-wheel cart with lots of forward weight transfer, wheels set back behind the center of the cargo bed. On light loads farther is better, on really heavy loads wheels should be closer to centered. That applies on a 700# tractor as well as a 7000# or 17,000# tractor. The weight you can pull increases proportionally.

Back