• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Transmission speed change

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twthompson

displayname
Tim Thompson
I have a 1872 hydro that is flakey in terms of ground speed. Sometime when going up hill I have to advance the speed control lever (or the ground speed slows significantly even stalls). Sometimes on level gound or a slight down hill it takes off on me and I need to move the lever toward neutral to slow it. The dashboard control lever is not moving when the ground speed changes. My assumption is that it's an adjustment problem or worn in the linkage. Maybe both. I think I have seen threads on this but I am having trouble finding them. Any thoughts? Is there a thread on hydro adjustment? Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks

I have a 1872 hydro that is flakey in terms of ground speed. Sometime when going up hill I have to advance the speed control lever (or the ground speed slows significantly even stalls). Sometimes on level gound or a slight down hill it takes off on me and I need to move the lever toward neutral to slow it. The dashboard control lever is not moving when the ground speed changes. My assumption is that it's an adjustment problem or worn in the linkage. Maybe both. I think I have seen threads on this but I am having trouble finding them. Any thoughts? Is there a thread on hydro adjustment? Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks
Here ya go. Cub Cadet FAQ

Follow the FAQ for fixing the trunion spring...that is the issue. Changing fluid and filter is never a bad idea, but will not fix your problem......

FAQ #33.......about 1/2 of the write up is from and old post of mine. If you follow those instructions and make the repair, your hydro WILL hold its speed.

Thank for the suggestions. The filter and the fluid are both within the last year. I took a look at some of the FAQs and I think #32 and #33 might help me. I am currently in North Carolina and the tractor is in Ohio. I will dig into it as soon as I can and let the group know where I end up. Thanks

Back