• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Transmission Fluid for Cub 1450

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Deere sells a product called Hy-Gard, which I was told was for their older GT’s. Is this compatible?

Some folks run hy-gard. It’s probably better than the generic farm store stuff.
The hydro pump folks will tell you it is. IH/Cub Cadet want you to run hytran.
Ymmv.

I had a 129 that my Dad bought new. I used it for years to mow and plow snow. I never put and thing but CC Hytran in it. I bought a new 3184 to mow my grass,but still used the 129 for the snow. The engine finally blew around 2012, so I bought an old 108 to plow snow. After a couple years, I finally got tired of the manual lift on the plow. Age had a lot to do with that. So, in 2017,I found a used 3225, with a plow . I picked it up and the gentleman, gave me a jug of Hydralic oil from Tractor Supply. I took the 3225 home and it didn't seem to have the forward speed, that my 3184 has. I changed the Tranmission filter and fluid, and put in Drive System Plus, and it runs a lot better. I only put what the manual says, in any of my vehicles. I didn't engineer it. If it costs a little more,it is worth it to me.

It,s heavy duty universal tractor hydraulic transmission oil,part #711244

By the way, When the 129,12 hp blew, The tranny was still working,just fine. I gave it to a guy, that repairs garden tractors.

I buy it at Sam's club been using it for years no problems,Hytran is proprietary to CNH,does that mean that if GM say's to use only XYZ oil you cannot use anything even though the other brand it is recommended for GM,if it meets the specs whats the problem,in my diesels I like Delco 15/40 spec for those
engines & others.
Case/New Holland specs,MAT-3525,M2C,134D,FNHA-2D,201,00ms1207,ms1209.hope this helped

I use to haul oil in bulk, the manufacturers of new equipment require hy tran or any oil to be certified 100% pure. They give you a certificate to show it's tested for manufacturers spec's, in on site lab after it's loaded on my truck. That's part of the price difference, it's certified for warranty purposes. But I have picked up uncertified hy trans at same distributor and it came from the same tank as the 100% certified. IH, John Deere, Kubota... these companies don't produce there own oil or filters, it comes from oil and filter companies.

Last I heard, CC OEM filters were coming from fleetgard.
I usually either grab oem CC ones from the IH dealer or, if I’m pressed for time, order wix filters from amazon.

Some folks run hy-gard. It’s probably better than the generic farm store stuff.
The hydro pump folks will tell you it is. IH/Cub Cadet want you to run hytran.
Ymmv.
Thank you that’s good to know

Latest posts

Back