• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

tranny trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjwhalen

displayname
Mike whalen
why does it take so long for my cub to back up or go forward when I first start it ? Hydro fluid is full

Mike,
What model are you working with? The hydro fluid may be full, but when was the last time the filter and hydro fluid where changed? Does it have the correct fluid in it? I've brought stuff home before with god knows what in it instead of Hytran. I've also had some hydros with a little lag in them when they first moved from a cold start (just a second or so where the reaction seemed a little slow), but nothing that would stand out as a problem.

Model is a 129 The first thing I did was change the filter and add Hytran from the cub dealer they had some in a 55 gal. barrel yet. Made no difference . Not sure when I changed all the fluid last maybe 4 or 5 years ago the fluid that came out of the filter looked like new and didnt smell .

Go through the adjustments on shifting lever and look for slack in all fittings !!! My 782 goes 13 mph forward, and 5 in reverse both seem a little on the to fast at full speed !!!

Well, sounds like you already did the obvious stuff. The description of the problem makes it sound like there is a pressure/flow problem. There are not many things that can create that kind of problem. The easy one is the filter and fluid. After that you could look at the bypass valves on the top of the transmission, and then the last item would be wear in the pump itself.

When you change filter open back case and wipe down insides and clean pickup screen and check pomp tube for and leakage and seal to pump, the pressure test pump and bypass psi !!! At idle and full throttle !!!!

When you change filter open back case and wipe down insides and clean pickup screen and check pomp tube for and leakage and seal to pump, the pressure test pump and bypass psi !!! At idle and full throttle !!!!
Question about Pump Tube. My 782..is that a simple tube with flared fitting on ends? Mine shows a drop of fluid on it all the time. I wanted to understand it before putting a wrench on it.

Question about Pump Tube. My 782..is that a simple tube with flared fitting on ends? Mine shows a drop of fluid on it all the time. I wanted to understand it before putting a wrench on it.

If I remember right, flared fitting on the pump end, and the transmission end is a compression fitting.

Note that the cork gasket between the hydro unit and the transaxle is a common leak point, and may actually be the source of your continual drop of Hytran.

If I remember right, flared fitting on the pump end, and the transmission end is a compression fitting.

Note that the cork gasket between the hydro unit and the transaxle is a common leak point, and may actually be the source of your continual drop of Hytran.
thanks for info. I gotta clean the area, park on level ground and watch closely.

Thank you for your help It sounds like it may be more then I am capable of doing .

Back