• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tonights purchase

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one with the best condition engine and deck
The hydros are more convenient to mow with
1812 has more horsepower

Just took this 18 horsepower mower for a few laps around the yard. Hid mowes well but has one heck of a hydraulic whining noise ....but is a lot faster than my 1882

Change the fluid and the filter. I had one come through once that didn't sound like a normal hydro. I pulled the cover and drained it out. The fluid that cam out looked like coffee with creamer in it.... a very light tan. Figure it was something like 303 Fluid..... I cleaned out the case, changed the filter and refilled with hy-tran..... sounded like the ones that I am used to. My guess is the tan was all the entrained moisture in the fluid.......

20200705_210913.jpg

Not as good as Hytran.

You can't go wrong with Hytran (or Mastertran if you are buying from a New Holland dealer...same product) and an OEM or Wix hydraulic filter.

Use the TSC stuff. Nothing wrong with it and it is a lot cheaper than Hytran. Use a Wix 51410, NAPA 1410 or a Cub Cadet hydro filter.

Back