• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tonights purchase

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't use the Tractor Supply stuff. From what I can see on line it's similar to 10W30 oil.

Here's the spec info for the current HyTran Ultra. They still mention the old IH Spec B-6. If you don't want to use HyTran then look for something that states it meets these specs below:

Meets the frictional requirements of Caterpillar TO-2 and Allison C-3, as well as all performance requirements of the former International Harvester B-6 specification.
Thoroughly tested and approved by CNH engineering. Meets Case specification MS-1209.

No doubt that Hytran is good stuff but it's not available around me. The last 5 gallon bucket I purchased was about $75-$80 but that was probably 10 years ago. I run Rotella 15w-40 dino oil in my 3k machines & some of my 82 series. Rotella isn't much if any cheaper than Hytran so if it's easy to get, go for it. I run the TSC stuff in the rest of my 82 series. I hammer my diesels at plow days and have never had an issue with any Sunstrand pump running any oil. My poor little 882 likes running with the big 430's. Should I be running Cub Cadet tires and engine oil filters too? :)

I posted this awhile back in another thread, but if you can't get the real HyTran or HyTran Ultra, then at least get something that says it's equivalent:
NAPA HyTran equivalent.JPG

Back