• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Todays mistake

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220915_212433.jpg

Ouch

I split the case by removing the jug on the side opposite of the oil filter. I left the piston in the bore, and just disconnected the rod at the wrist pin.

If a KT17 cam will work, I will give it to you. This can be rebuilt if the block is not windowed.

Typically when the governor decides to separate, it hits a spinning crank counter weight or rod and spits the parts out the side of the block. In this case it appears it split the cam and gouged the rod end cap.

Two of mine have done it, and have heard a few more beyond that. Fortunately, I was able to replace the gear, and there wasn't any other carnage in the engine other than the broken plastic pieces and the weights.

Drive shaft coupler off the 2082 I have an 1810 with what looks like the same engine only with a different mounting for the drive shaft can I take and swap these?

Back