• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tire Trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda off topic-Brake fluid makes for an effective paint stripper if you restore already built vintage styrene plastic models. It strips the paint leaving a clean canvas to repaint and rebuild. I have also used oven cleaner with decent results.

dish soap is also the best stuff for installing a new impeller in an outboard, whereas oil/grease shorten the impeller’s life by damaging the rubber and creating an abrasive gritty surface.

i second the dish soap/tire bead suggestion!
I use Tide clothes detergent. Water it down a bit and it will get the tires on the rim if you can keep from slipping with your grip. Of course the Brake Fluid deal was his way of softening for sealing, not mounting. Tires are going to seat easily... That little whup in the bead is no biggy

Back