• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tire Trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret McFarland

Picked up a pair of 24x10.50-12 rear Cub Cadet tires — really nice condition and good deal for $20, until I saw that one of the beads was bulge-ing out :(. Is this fixable or should I just put a tube in it? Thanks

1678820266895.jpeg

Picked up a pair of 24x10.50-12 rear Cub Cadet tires — really nice condition and good deal for $20, until I saw that one of the beads was bulge-ing out :(. Is this fixable or should I just put a tube in it? Thanks

View attachment 153233
No big deal, mount it and run it! I've seen and mounted a lot worse than that! 👍

View attachment 153233
a lot of us bulge a bit but most of us still work!

We got some mounting lube one time that was a lube when wet, then stuck the bead to the rim when it dried.....................wondering how that would work on small tires.
It wasn't worth a crap on 9.00 x 20 tube type, you beat your brains out trying to break them down.

This will soften the rubber to allow better bead sealing, BUT if you have nicely painted wheels, the brake fluid also acts as a great paint stripper, so be careful of your finishes.
Yes, my brother painfully discovered that one day when he dripped brake fluid on the $$$ candy orange paintjob of his ‘69 Chevelle!

Last edited:
My Dad once told me brake fluid,parts cleaner,any of those petro products shouldn't get near paint,rubber,plastic,pets or skin.If it irritates you skin be aware.Use dish soap for the lube,although your Mom says your allergic to that.

The bead of all tires are reinforced, usually with a coil of wire or some other stiff material that's molded into the tire bead. Once it is bent, it will be difficult to get it bent back into it's original shape.
If it were me and I really wanted to be able to reuse this tire, I would try to bend it back in my hydraulic press after rigging a support jig to allow the bead to be pushed across a 3 or 4 inch gap using a radius of some type until it was straight again. Or you could just take two pieces of 4x4 or a couple of 6" dia. pieces of firewood and a "single jack" (small sledge hammer) and have at it.
You will more than likely have to use a tube with this one, unless you can get it really close to straight again.... just my 2 cents.
I just use dish washing liquid cut with a little water for my installs.

Latest posts

Back