• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Time to make a 3-point for the 782...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Since my 782 is the only one of my Cubs that has migrated out to Kansas with me, it needs a 3-point hitch so I can plow my garden and do a few other things. I have been putting this off for awhile, but it finally reached critical mass when I needed a way to attach my EZ-rake. The lower 3-point bracket is the perfect way to do that. $15 worth of steel and a couple nights later, I have this. I'm not sure the straps that connect it to two of the axle tube bolts on either side do anything other than make me feel better, but...they are there.

299933.jpg

I once bought a tractor with someone's reproduction of the upper cast piece, and I brought that with me to use. It looks great, except once they got about 90% done, they half-@$$ed the last 10%. More on that later. Fixing that is the next step, along with making a lift bar. Hopefully I'll get this done before the ground freezes so I can plow up a garden plot yet this fall for next spring.

Matt, I see the comfort straps to the axle tubes but I am missing the way the Lower pieces are mounted to the Back cover(??) or what? The Pic makes it hard to see unless those Fresh bolts on the rear cover indicate a chunk of metal going across the bottom and are welded to the Lower pieces with the three holes. I'll be following closely. Looking at doing the same with my 782. Any hand sketches with dimensions or are you measuring and making it as you go?

Back