• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tie rod ends

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsdeese

displayname
timothy deese
Hey just wondering if any guys on here have changed from tie rod to heim joints how did they work?

Show me a picture,I'm interested.
https://www.ccspecialties.org/steering_seats.html
1575507532861.png

Now if we could get someone to refurb the steering shafts (Digger-know anyone with a sprayweld and cnc grinder setup?)

The used ones I've found were, ahh ..... used. Worn enough in the center of the worm to bind on the end of travel if adjusting the slop out in center of travel :( .
I considered the possibility of just regrinding to the bring it back clean and same size from end to end with a profiled stone in a grinder jig, but figured the surface is hardened and would not be after grinding.. (with an oversize follower pin of course).

20191205_071932.jpg

I have them on my dad's 1200 and had them on my 100. I would have to look up the part number to see what they are. They work great and never have to worry about them popping out around trees when mowing lol

I changed all my tie-rod ends on my 1512 Diesel (not that that matters) to Heim joints a few years ago. Great upgrade. You just have to make sure you buy the right size and when installing them you are careful to have them set to the correct length (you have to play with the threading them in or out). I personally didn't get mine from Digger, but would have if I had seen them on his page. His prices are very reasonable.

I put Digger Heims on both the 127 and 149. Only bad thing is there is no boot on the joint so dirt is easily attracted to the greasy surface. Don't think it is a big deal, but I suppose it all depends on your usage.

I put Digger Heims on both the 127 and 149. Only bad thing is there is no boot on the joint so dirt is easily attracted to the greasy surface. Don't think it is a big deal, but I suppose it all depends on your usage.
I personally would never use ones with zerks for that reason. But a lot of people like the idea of grease. ;)

The stock ones didn't have grease fittings, so not sure why I think these would be better? Likely worse in the long run. Oh well, doubt I'll worry about having to replace them in my next 20 yrs.

Back