• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Throwing a belt

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Bennett

I have an LT1045 and I have used both cub cadet and off brand deck belts. It doesn’t matter it will still throw the belt. Any ideas why?

1659728880701.png

Tensioner springs, and idler pulleys are common causes. Remove the belts, and check each pulley for free, smooth rotation, then check that the tensioning springs are applying pressure in their intended directions, and with the proper force (no wimpy or broken springs).

Check each spindle for free, and smooth rotation. Remember, if they don’t feel right, by hand, the problems will only be magnified at 3600 engine rpm.

How is the PTO pulley rotation?

Randy, just discovered yesterday..Working on a 1046 belt guards on deck have built in belt holders.I had replaced 2 pulley bearings and tried without replacing guards.Shutting down threw the belt, once guards were back in place everything worked fine.Almost always it's misaligned pulleys otherwise...Looking across deck, pulleys should be same height and level with each otherMany times I've had to bend a mount to get them back to square..

I have an LT1045 and I have used both cub cadet and off brand deck belts. It doesn’t matter it will still throw the belt. Any ideas why?
I had to replace the idler pulleys almost every season with my 1046 ltx. arbors were gaurenteed to be replaced every spring. also the way they designed the deck the grass clippings would plug the guard over the arbor pulleys causing even more issues. I welded little blades on the bottom of the pulley like a fan and got an extra season out of the arbors. Had more money in it than I paid for it in ten years.

I had to replace the idler pulleys almost every season with my 1046 ltx. arbors were gaurenteed to be replaced every spring. also the way they designed the deck the grass clippings would plug the guard over the arbor pulleys causing even more issues. I welded little blades on the bottom of the pulley like a fan and got an extra season out of the arbors. Had more money in it than I paid for it in ten years.
kevin, pretty smart idea...

Reading this thread recalls my dalliance with a couple-three Corvairs in my youth.

Not one single problem with any of them but belt issues with ALL of them. Corvairs too, take an awkward and seemingly ill advised 90 degree turn in their belts.

Latest posts

Back