• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Thread viewing preference...

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
I can't find it, so maybe not there (or maybe it's like that jar of pickles I can never find in the fridge), but in a lot of online forums you can set a viewing preference of oldest post or newest post first for reading threads. I know this'll sound like something from the old days, but it's easier when viewing new responses to old threads to view newest first (for me). I started to chase a couple of new old threads today that are several pages long, with the newest post on the last page. Also, some forum software gives you a viewing choice of how many posts per page, or to view the entire thread as one long page. Both of these things are "wish list", not to-die-for....

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
There is a filter. Look to the top corner of the thread page you are on, you will see filter.

And we don't have the variable posts per page but I did use the 20 threads per post as on the last software.

1570569987049.png

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
What I'm looking for is a global setting, that would allow me to go to a Forum like the one called " IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum " and within each thread (subject) see the newest post within that thread. Typically with that global setting, the threads are each still listed newest to oldest, just the entries within each thread are sorted oldest to newest or newest to oldest. The reason for this is a lot of older threads have multiple pages and while it is shown as having new entries, you have to go through multiple pages to get to the newest entry..

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Or perhaps use the "button" on the right , above the first entry that says Jump to New.? I haven't yet tried it, but I will now.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
I also just noticed that threads I had viewed before - when I clicked the link to move into it, it jumps to the first new post in that thread! The other jump to new does work but I had already jumped to the new post so it didn't do anything sometimes...

Latest posts