• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Thoughts on Power steering and beefed up Front axle.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this with my 1450. I used a JD power steering valve column (ebay) which is almost a bolt in replacement for the manual CC one. Seems like I only had to slightly modify the mounting bracket. It's been a while (10-12 years ago) but I think my front axle was from an 1863 (cyclops) which raised the front a bit but the larger tires I put on the back leveled it out. I also moved the hydraulic levers to the left side so I could control the lift and the speed at the same time.
This was great for the Johnson loader I put on that tractor. I sold the loader several years ago but still have the 1450 and even without the added front weight of the loader I enjoy having the power steering.
The 1450 is mostly used as a yard mule for spraying, disking, harrowing, towing, rolling, aerating, dethatching, fertilizing, etc. It's got washer fluid in the tires and a 100lb wheel weight on each rear wheel and it handles about anything I hook up to it. It wasn't too happy with the Gannons weight so I later added a front weight bracket. In this pic I had to set an old battery on the hood to keep the front wheels on the ground enough to steer.

2014-10-11 17.01.17.jpg
2014-10-16 16.33.11.jpg
2014-10-16 17.03.11.jpg

Back