• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

This won`t take long ; to many times

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Thanks to this site ; mostly . I do have some sweat and busted knuckles with this hobby.I have three tractors apart and one to finish this year.my wife decided she needed a part time job. Now I got shop time again. I thought be patient and it will happen . So today with out help i got a few of my tractors out or parked for a picture. many Bat's lol. they all ran but ran out of batters lol.

263151.jpg

my 100 and 62 Original.

263152.jpg

147 half covered. just needs paint .new carb and wires . gone through ready for paint .

my 149 with a 1512 , 102 and a 122.

263153.jpg

My loader needs a new hood hindge and the decals put on . for so long

263154.jpg

I hope this winter I can finish a few .

This will be finished first lol.

263155.jpg

This is where it is because the 1512 D is not a tractor that fits your rules. so I posted my Cubs where I thought it was appropriate . No rubbing the rules. But I had to post what I think and know are great tractors.
ihrotate.gif

Well excuse me Don, You know more about the rules than anyone including me, so go ahead and post anything you want anywhere you want!
I'm sure it will be OK with everyone else as well!

I'm ok with it. I enjoy reading Dons posts.

Glad to see progress on the horizon Don. I've got a backlog of projects myself.

Well I`am lost now. I thought I should not post pictures because of rule number 1. (Please limit your posting topics to International Harvester Cub Cadet tractors built between 1960 and June of 1981 in the "IH Cub Cadet Forum." There are appropriate topics for MTD built Cub Cadet tractors and bigger IH tractors. )

This is why I put these pictures in this area. I do believe that my 1512 is the same tractor as a 782 diesel . I thought the shut down was because of some of us not conforming to the rules and the frustration of the moderators .Some one please enlighten me on what is wrong with my post here. I posted these pictures of some of my tractors to more show what I thought would be easy refurbs that never got completed as easily as I thought, ( this should be easy repair )
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don,

This is the place for "Movie pictures and everything not clever"
Everyone knows that.

I'm confused too, and a little disturbed that our moderator supports Gerry's movie picture antics.

1. I'm not a Moderator! I'm just some DA that thought he could make a difference and found out he can't no matter what he does.
2. Just because the nose of a freakin CCC machine is in a picture doesn't mean all the other IH made machines get stuck in the Sandbox!.
3. If anything if someone is worried about a CCC machine being posted anywhere, It should have been in the CCC/MTD section.
4. Disturbed? It must not take much does it!
5. Another reason for me NOT to understand why people are so damned thin skinned and quick to jump down someone's throat for trying to have a little fun!!!!!!!!!
6. Personally I think the pic Gerry posted if funnier than all get out! And I for one will be using it again and again and again.

Don and Rick ... it was an attempt to inject a little humor into this damn forum, something too little of shows up lately.

I'm not one of the forum "originals", but I like the traditions that were there almost from the beginning, including the concept that the main topic of the forum IS IH Cub garden tractors, and that this wasn't broken into separate threads about specific issues of those tractors. Off topic tractors have their obvious sections, but if you were talkin' about IH Cub garden tractors, it all went into the flow of the main form. The obvious pushback to that has always been from those that wanted to keep up with posts about a specific subject, but didn't want to read through other posts that didn't pertain their specific issue of the moment (re: the posts that say "I put up a question two days ago and I didn't see an answer"). Or maybe those not interested in reading .......

In my opinion, Charlie has tried to express his desire to keep that tradition intact, and as he stated, a "mixed post" on the main forum has never resulted in a "moderator reminder", even when it's Me or Dennis rambling on about some topic related to a Cub issue, but bringing in our own mechanical knowledge from a non-Cub experience (and then popping in a minor Cub mention to make it "legal")..

Over the summer there was a continued effort to use other areas than the main forum to post IH Cub garden tractor threads, which were justified by the participants because their model was "special". When this was poked at by a couple of people and Charlie (but left intact by Charlie), it continued. I think this may be one of the reasons that Charlie feels "failure", but I can't speak for him only me...

It's just a damn Garden Tractor forum, guys.... Lighten up, have fun but just respect the traditions....
greenthumb.gif

FYI the 782D never had an IH serial # it has the CCC plate on it even though it was decaled IH.
happy.gif

I did get to have a lol from Gerry`s post .I don`t want to be the guy that breaks the rules and thanks for the clarification of what will pass.I hope this site stays as it is and love to read all the posts everyday. It is now part of my daily life that I know I would miss if it was changed or stopped . I do like to post shop pictures of what I`am doing with my cubs and hope to continue . have a great day .

GERRY - Are you accusing ME of postng 5-6 long wordy paragraphs about motorcycles, semi-trucks, large farm tractors, or other NON-CC equipment and then adding a short sentence something like, "I checked the oil & greased my CC yesterday".

I don't do that do I?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I think you are correct, 10-12 yrs ago the people here used to have fun, kid around, and seldom did a serious question go unanswered. Now days we're worrying about "100-point restorations", the correct numbers on tail light lenses, etc. Maybe our hobby has evolved to the point that those things matter now, but I don't think so. I see some of the fantastic fabrication work coming out of Steve B's shop, his hay rack with a scale replica of a Midwest hyd hoist, or his #520 semi-mounted plow, or even his pallet forks for his loader. His work is on a level of Dan H's, but Steve doesn't have a G&L boring mill in his shop, so some things are harder for him to do.

I'm personaly not a big fan of the off-color tractor forums. If I want to see green, blue, or orange tractors there's other forums for that. But if it's CC or IH of ANY shape style or purpose, I think Charlie has done a good job of making a place to discuss it here. We used to kinda bend the rules on some things, like 782-D's were/are cool and we could discuss them in the main forum. But CC 1100's, 482's & 582-Specials with the Peerless 4-spd & drive belt, and all the lawn tractors kinda had to be put in the "All Other" forum. But I remember a couple pic's of the IH "bathtub" riding mowers in the main forum.

Most of the regular posters have been around here long enough they should know what belongs where and what doesn't belong in certain topics. Like in this topic from Don, five pic's. First pic is of his #100 with the left rear wheel of his "O"; main forum material, next pic, 147 - Main forum; next pic 149,102,122, and the grill of his 1512 MTD CC, PLUS his Dodge Ram p/u - Three IH CC's, an MTD CC, and his p/u, Yeah, main forum pic; last two, his 129 loader & 125 - both Main forum.

I know Don knew that... he's just trying to abide by the "Letter of the rules" instead of the "Intent of the rules". Which tends to take all the fun out of things.

I was kinda thinking of:

Now, understand, Commander, that torpedo did not self-destruct. You heard it hit this thread. And I...

... was never here.

poof.gif

Bryan:
I was originally thinking of IBTL, but you guys don't do that.......

I had hoped that I would not cause any problems with my post. I had to know where I stood . The call from Charlie today set me straight. I do enjoy the posting privilege and do not want to cause any one any stress . Thank you Gerry and Denny
lurking.gif

Back