• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Things that Kill my Cub time.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had never heard of anyone getting run off the road intentionally..just the thought of that horrifies me! šŸ¤¬
An older guy did that to me..caught up with him 5 miles later at a light.I had enough adrenelin running to cause him severe damage.His answer ,he didn't want to slow down for a car turning left but he thought I could handle it ok....I left after just telling him how much I appreciated his concern for my life .I've had cars pass and cut me off on purpose:( ...Keith..I was very close to being knocked out by a june bug dead center between the eyes,lost a boot heel trying to keep my balance...If you ride much you have stories!!

My 1983 Yamaha XJ750K Maxim Touring... Purchased in 1987....
Maxim001-Sig.jpg

Current picture: (over 120K miles, 2nd motor, 2nd color change)
DSC_0238-T.jpg

and my X's (VTX1800R and VTX1300R)...

2002 VTX 1800R
DSC_0075-T.jpg

2007 VTX 1300R
20180814_062454-T.jpg

This little guy hit me in the helmet at 75MPH on the interstate (coming home from a VTX Tech-meet in Ohio) . After a few seconds... I saw these feathers floating up behind my fairing... so I looked down, and there was this gold finch. Unfortunately... he didn't make it.

Finch.jpg

Goldfinch to the helmet...ouch! For both of you.

I must have shopped ax handles on ebay and now they keep sending me emails about collectible axes. I don't need a collection of anything but IH/Cub Cadet stuff.

I guess the only story I have to tell is that we've ridden California to Nova scotia, and many trips in between without any mishaps. Count ourselves lucky. With my wife's body failures, our touring days are over. At seventy five years old, we're content to take day trips now. We're happy to look back at all the memories.

Hi all,
I'm good and enjoying retired life. I do check in from time to time without logging in just to see what's up. A lot of newer folks I don't recognize and I don't know if I have much to contribute. The 149 is largely idle in the garage since I left the 2+ acre house in NY and moved to a postage stamp yard in Sheboygan. Once in a while I'll use the Cub but there are a lot of 5 point turns and I can do the front yard in 6 passes. Mostly I use an electric pusher. So for the most part I keep it dusted and perform some minor repairs that it has been needing. Need to get the slop out of the steering and figure out how to get the play out of the PTO lever. Looks like it may need a weld and I
am not skilled there.

I will probably be checking in more often (logged in).

Brian

This morning we celaned up under our deck. My bride found out I have a spare mule drive and took stock of exactly how much stuff I have stashed down there.

After I finish off the cleanup down there, I will have to find more (and better) hiding places...grrrr!

Last edited:
An older guy did that to me..caught up with him 5 miles later at a light.I had enough adrenelin running to cause him severe damage.His answer ,he didn't want to slow down for a car turning left but he thought I could handle it ok....I left after just telling him how much I appreciated his concern for my life .I've had cars pass and cut me off on purpose:( ...Keith..I was very close to being knocked out by a june bug dead center between the eyes,lost a boot heel trying to keep my balance...If you ride much you have stories!!
Had a had a covey of quail hit me back in 1977 on a country road, laid a bike down at 65 mph had a few scars off of that one !!!

Back