• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Things that Kill my Cub time.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things that 'Kill my Cub Time' All summer and it's still not done. Grrrrr.

322709.jpg

Brian:
greenthumb.gif

Kraig: They hang those things out in the wind.... My Scag came complete with a big clamshell commercial grass collector that includes a belt driven paddle wheel blower that hangs on the side like the JD, except the belt drive is on the inside rather than outside. The dealer dropped it off, did the 5 minute training session and left. The blower assy actually drops down on a post on the deck and is locked with a pin. Within 5 minutes, I had caught the top of the clamshell on a low hanging apple tree branch (don't need no stinkin' ROPS)(instant wheelie) and then trying to trim around a big tree caught the blower and bent the mounting post back about 15 degrees (!@#@$%^%%$$#@). Quietly moved it up to the shop before Sandy could ask what I'd just done to my new $9000 "Toy". Got it fixed, my L&G dealer later told me "not unusual".. Lesson? Trim counter clockwise around objects...
clappy.gif

Gerry, there's a belt cover that was not installed in the photos. It's plastic and has a crack as well. I will be reinforcing it before I install it with more tin and pop rivets, no duct tape though.
happy.gif
I don't intend to use the bagger on a regular basis, probably only in the fall to collect leaves. It would be a pain to mow with that hanging off the back and with the blower extending out the discharge chute side. I've mowed my yard with the windbreaker cab on the Cub Cadet and there are plenty of low branches that I have to be careful around. I can see where an out of sight ROPS would easily get caught.
happy.gif

Kraig - I bought my setup in 2005. As it turned out, I didn't go into part time mowing after I retired (LOL). Really, the grass collector adds so much weight (with the 5 cast iron counterweights on the front) that the machine ends up weighing over 1300 pounds before I get on it.. My yard is pretty soft in places, so it'd end up tearing things up. I ended up getting a pull behind Agrifab sweeper that I use more than the clamshell, but in the fall, when the leaves are good and dry, I put it on and make quick work of them. Can't always have a choice, but it helps!

Keith told me to show off the old Mack. It has likely been a lot of years since you saw it Keith. Pretty sure I took it to Paul/Minnies last cookout how many years ago???

It's been a long term project. Bought in fall of 2001. I use it to pull my 40ft race trailer and I go everywhere in it.

Just after I bought it from local towing company:
324217.jpg

Present day:
324218.jpg

The list of improvements goes on and on:
Stretched 5 ft, added bunk, air ride
added 4spd aux transmission
cruise control
air starter
upgraded motor
new alum fuel tanks
air conditioning
4K Onan genset are the bigger improvements over the years. I've done pretty all the work myself.

I've got tons of pictures and some you tube videos too. This is just one of my "projects" that takes up lots of my cub time.

A few other things that take time away from playing with cubs:

My '69 F100 Bought in 1988, when it was all stock. I put in a 428CJ/4spd.
324225.jpg

My '64 Galaxie Country Sedan. Bought in 1992, all stock. Been racing it full time since 1995.
stock:
324226.jpg

current: 428 FE/Doug Nash 5spd
324227.jpg

How do I leave the cubs stock, I don't know???

Thanks Kraig.

I forgot one. My other '64 Galaxie. Bought as a project car, pretty solid, but needed a few things fixed. Bought in '96, painted in '97, motor in '99. Hasn't changed much.

I call them Big and Little Enos.
324242.jpg

Thought it would be cool to put a hitch on the black car and tow the wagon to a local track. That would get looks, not that the ol Mack doesn't while it gets me everywhere I need to go.

I used to have a picture of what I started with, can't find it on this computer. It was pretty rough.

I still love that old Mack, Larry!!!

I went back and showed my oldest son (He's 23 and started OTR for Schneider this past Monday) the Sleeper and Air Ride thread on Oilburners. He has always liked trucks (as have I) and has a soft spot for the older ones. We both like the old IH Cab Overs, but I showed him your B and his eyes lit up.

I like your old Ford's too! I don't remember seeing much about them. But it seems like many of us with these old tractors have a old truck or car or 3 floating around. Mine aren't as old as some (Mine are a couple Bricknose IDI's). I don't know if you've ran across any of the other on here, but there are some nice old Ford's, GM's and a really nice old Chrysler..... There are some nice old Binders too.....

Thanks Larry.
I remember the weekend camp trip in Indy about 2003 when you drove the Mac and had the f100 with you. We were at the cookout also but that was all before you added the sleeper. Cool trucks and cars.
Here’s our 1 that’s done with more in th works.
1969 Chevelle, working on a 1965 mustang fastback, and have a 1929 model A Tudor sedan in the barn.
Will need to shrink picture first.

Keith,

Was that the one at the KOA East of Indy? My best friend (more like a brother) was part of FOKISD.. Travis, with the Enterprise (91 CC Dually) If this is the meet that I think it was, I remember someone with a really nice white Ford that had the backlit Ford symbols on the tailgate and the grille.....

I think I remember Larry's Mack too.... it was getting dark when I got there so it was hard to see some of the trucks by then.....

The more I think about it... I vaguely remember Larry's wagon......

Wow....to see two guys from Fokisd on a Cub site?? What's the odds after this many years?? Been quite some time since those days!!

Yes, I was at Indy, can't remember back to which years. I started using the Mack in 2002, so it might have been 2003 when I did Indy. I had my 2000 PSD CC DRW til the fall of 2002.

I remember asking Rob and ?(who was the other guy who was kinda in charge) questions if I could come anymore since I sold the truck. They laughed and said I could still be a "member".

I think I did take my '69 to one camp party at Indy. The last get together I recall was Wayne National forest. Small group of us went 4 wheeling. I remember taking my black car down there and giving a few rides in it. I think the club fell apart after that, but Paul took over and had a cookout at their place off Rt 70. Paul still had the Fokisd website running up to about a year ago? I emailed him a few times.

I remember Travis. Wasn't he the one that dumped sewage all the way across the campground while taking his little roller cart to the dump with his 4 wheeler/golf cart?

Oh, the fun we had.

Yes, Travis was Fish Killer...... LOL.

I stopped and visited at that one both days. I think that one is the one that I think you had the Mack and the Wagon. Yep. I didn't have a truck that qualified at the time.... LOL, I stopped to see Travis, since he was living a few hours away at the time. Met a few people while I was there.

In 2013, we had the July Oilburners Rally at that same campground. Lot of good people with the older trucks. I've made may friends over there.

Now I just need to make it to a plow day.... Bluniers is only a couple hours from my parents.... so stop and get Mon and Dad and take them too. Dad is also into Cubs.....

Yes I think the little town of green field at a Koa. We were all down in the back field with all the mudd. I was driving the 99 f350 dually crew cab solid white with the solid white cap.
Larry the other fella was Rick Wiessman. Rick and Paul have tried to revive it with not much luck.

Yup, Rick, that's it. I used to have both their numbers in my phone years ago.

Fish killer!! Ya that's it.

I forget which year I lost two trailer tires on the way over Thursday night. Which year did we tour the International engine plant? I had to get tires on Saturday. I got two tires and in the process of putting them on the trailer I saw the third axle had a huge gash in it!! Yikes, I don't know how it made it that night? Someone was looking over my shoulder.

I remember early on, we had a meeting somewhere down Rob's way. I came down with my Mack/trailer and stayed the night at his house. We went shooting at a range nearby that a member was working at? We went in after hours and played with all kinds of cool guns.

Back