• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Things that Kill my Cub time.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art, nice work!
thumbsup.gif

Over the 23 years I have owned my house I don't think a year has gone by that I have not done a remodeling or construction project of some sort. I think I'm close to having completely rebuilt the house. My wife recently said something about refreshing the main floor bathroom that we gutted and remodeled back in 1993 or 1994.
icon_eek.gif
facepalm.gif

Gerry,
roflol.gif

Charlie, regarding remodeling/home improvement projects I think you have us all beat!

Jeremiah, my wife won't let me hire anyone to do something she thinks I can do. She is a great motivator.
happy.gif
happy.gif

David, yep.

Gerry- LOL

Charlie- LOL Yeah, I guess you could...

Kraig- My wife hates when we take on these projects because she knows that I'll put in 18-hr days to get it done. Kinda makes me...um...crabby I guess. LOL
facepalm.gif

Tell your wife that a "refresh" of the main floor means "new paint", then ask her what color she wants and if she prefers to use a brush or a roller.
roflol.gif

Charlie - you win the "unintended remodel" division....

Kraig - a few years ago(at Christmas time, of course), the well motor breaker started popping randomly. We made it through until the well guy came out the day after New Years. Cold, windy, but he shows up, sets up to pull the drop pipe and pump.. We get it about 2 foot up and he stops and says something like "It's not gonna cost that much".... The wiring where it looped over the top of the steel casing had rubbed through the insulation, one of the legs of the 220 was grounding to the casing. It'd do it occasionally, caused by the vibration of the pump, we guessed.

My house is a year newer than yours, water heater is gun fired oil, glass lined tank. Hold my breath every spring when I return home and start it up. I'd tell ya more stories, but gotta go - paint brush awaits.
happy.gif

Art - I'm 68 - the workdays are no longer 18 hours, as the SO has figured out. Breakfast at 10:00 get the body moving by noon, quit by 6:00, time for a G&T..

I agree, it is "house stuff" time. We are in the middle of a complete rearrange, cleaning and prep for a repaint. Mama quit smoking and the lingering smoke smell is driving her nuts (she was the only smoker) so we are doing a deep clean on the house, and setting up new beds for the kids, which entailed swapping rooms so the beds would fit the layout of the rooms. A rearrange of the "back room" and the living room. This is all in a prep to paint the interior of the house. Over 10 years ago I had the house up for sale, so to ready it for sale and the new owners, I painted the inside of the house. I used an "inexpensive" contractor grade "white" paint, so the new owners would have a nice base to start with. Well, needless to say, I didn't end up selling the house. So now I have 10+ year old contractor grade paint on the walls of the ENTIRE house. So they are getting ready to get a coat of "real paint" (We found some Behr "oops" in a 5 gallon bucket in a color we liked at "a large home improvement depot") So its going to cover the 2 coats of contractor grade paint on the walls. (What was put on when the house was built in 1995, and the coat I put on in ~2003). Have some drywall to fix also.... 20 years of kids in the house have made the walls "imperfect" to say the least......

Art,

First it was flip flops....now it's socks?!?!?!?!!?

Tile removal = BOOTS in my world!!!! You must have some tough feet!!!!! (I sure don't....)

I was thinking of that very pic!!!!!!

Steve-
The idea is simple... Don't hit your foot with the hammer and you'll be fine.
happy.gif
This was actually the easiest tile removal I've ever done. The entire bathroom floor was up in about 45 min. If you'll notice, I was wearing eye and ear protection however...

Charlie-
I don't know who that guy is...
err.gif

Art, forgot to mention, the refresh my wife was talking about was replacing the pedestal sink with a cabinet/sink of some sort. A fairly easy refresh, easier than painting in my book. But then I hate painting...

The endless rain (I don't think I've seen a 24-hour period without rain in nearly a month) has kept me from getting much seat time since I don't want to mow wet grass, but this is what has been killing my Cub Forum time
happy.gif

I bought a welder to expand the amount of things I can make and repair, and it needed a cart. There's no sense in buying one when one can be made, but I think I got carried away. I figured it would take me about a week of evenings after work to make; 3 weeks later, I have about 50 or 60 hours in this, not including taking a couple evenings to build a sheetmetal brake to build the drawer and door.
lazerburn.gif

296940.jpg

296941.jpg

296942.jpg

296943.jpg

Don't laugh too hard at the paint...it's rattle cans since I still have not found a decent air compressor that I can afford.

Impressive craftsmanship! !!!!! Very nice work!!!

Matt, wow, that is a great looking welding cart! Nicely done.

My cub time has been almost nonexistent for the last 5 years do to home remodel and repair. GRRRRR

Kraig said: But then I hate painting...

Painting to me has the wrong name. Its like a fly. A fly does not bother me when it is flying. It bothers me when it sits. I should be named 'sit'. Same with painting. It should be named 'prep'.

Its the prep that is a pain in the but.

Dawid ... Sure got that right - 1 wall of vinyl covered wallpaper = 1 day of steaming and peeling.... Sanding all 4 walls, cleaning baseboard, taping around and tucking under baseboard (carpeted room), putting down tarps, cleaning ceiling = more than another day... Painting ceiling - 1 hour, painting walls, 2 hours.... then back to masking for the trim..... I now have two rooms ( bathroom and 1 bedroom)of a three bedroom , bath and a half 1240 square foot house. That was the easy part, now comes the kitchen...

Hey Matt, awesome cart!

Can I offer an addition? Put a double gang outlet box with 2 20amp outlets in it. Then run a big 20amp extension cord out of it (one end cut off to tie into the outlets) to plug into the wall.

The object being you just plug your welder into one of your plugs and have 3 more available RIGHT next to you for using that grinder and/or other electric tool. Then you don't hav to run 2-3 extension cords to your work spot or switch back and forth, back and forth with the welder. You won't over load it cause your OT using one tool at a time.

Back