• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Things that Kill my Cub time.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the first of 5 momma goats had 3 kids this morning 2 boys 1 girl, now a second goat is in labor,, going to be non cub busy day here.

285752.jpg

285753.jpg

285754.jpg

Jeff,nothing is better then spring, when new life is born into this world. Sounds like you and the girls will have plenty of kids to tend to this spring. Great to hear. Can't wait to see pics of the new little youngins..
Cath

Thanks, we had two more kids born today boy and girl.

which makes 7 kids total so far

I will try to get them lined up for some updated pics tomorrow, but we still have two does still pregnant.

heres a quick shot of todays
285858.jpg

The things that kill my Cub time are not nearly as cute as the things that kill Jeff's Cub time. What gets me are "projects" with a higher priority than Cubs: my attic, for instance. I recently added 540 square feet of storage space to my 1970's vintage split-level house. The inspiration came by an odd path --a heating and ventilation systems salesman! I learned from him that I did NOT have 12" joists in my attic with 12" of insulation between them; I had trusses made of 2x4's with insulation blown over them. I won't go into a lot of detail, unless there is interest expressed, but what I wound up doing was adding 2x8's on top of the existing 2x4's, and then laying down a floor of 3/4" plywood. Not only could I ensure that there was 12" of insulation across the entire attic space, but I could now store any item I could fit through my "new" 2' x 4' access opening into the space.

The existing 12" x 12" opening in a closet off the master bedroom.

board-post.pl

The opening above had never been very practical. The very first repair I made to my "new" house was to replace the bent and almost broken metal shelf with a 1" x 12" unit that I could actually stand on to get into and out of the attic. I made several wiring "improvements" using the hole above as my access.

The new access panel was installed in the hallway. However, I was still limited to a 24" opening on one side, because I didn't want to risk cutting the trusses to install an access panel.

board-post.pl

I installed a drop-down ladder for the new access panel, since a set of fold-up stairs would not fit. (Yeah, I know, I still have some patching to do.)

board-post.pl

The (just) finished project with the added lighting. (Did I mention the 4-10 pitch of the roof?)

board-post.pl

If you look closely at the picture below, what it attempts to show is how I built the floor at least 2 feet out beyond the truss "V" supports, which greatly increased the square footage. Although the storage height at this point isn't anything to write home about, it is tall enough to accommodate a standard office paper box or other similar storage container.

board-post.pl

The space is admittedly cramped, and working in it was no picnic, but I have room inside to store some items that formerly languished in a shed. And with those items out of the way, I have more room in my shed of all items Cub related. Hurray!

The things that kill my Cub time are not nearly as cute as the things that kill Jeff's Cub time. What gets me are "projects" with a higher priority than Cubs: my attic, for instance. I recently added 540 square feet of storage space to my 1970's vintage split-level house. The inspiration came by an odd path --a heating and ventilation systems salesman! I learned from him that I did NOT have 12" joists in my attic with 12" of insulation between them; I had trusses made of 2x4's with insulation blown over them. I won't go into a lot of detail, unless there is interest expressed, but what I wound up doing was adding 2x8's on top of the existing 2x4's, and then laying down a floor of 3/4" plywood. Not only could I ensure that there was 12" of insulation across the entire attic space, but I could now store any item I could fit through my "new" 2' x 4' access opening into the space.

The existing 12" x 12" opening in a closet off the master bedroom.

286423.jpg

The opening above had never been very practical. The very first repair I made to my "new" house was to replace the bent and almost broken metal shelf with a 1" x 12" unit that I could actually stand on to get into and out of the attic. I made several wiring "improvements" using the hole above as my access.

The new access panel was installed in the hallway. However, I was still limited to a 24" opening on one side, because I didn't want to risk cutting the trusses to install an access panel.

286424.jpg

I installed a drop-down ladder for the new access panel, since a set of fold-up stairs would not fit. (Yeah, I know, I still have some patching to do.)

286425.jpg

The (just) finished project with the added lighting. (Did I mention the 4-10 pitch of the roof?)

286426.jpg

If you look closely at the picture below, what it attempts to show is how I built the floor at least 2 feet out beyond the truss "V" supports, which greatly increased the square footage. Although the storage height at this point isn't anything to write home about, it is tall enough to accommodate a standard office paper box or other similar storage container.

286427.jpg

The space is admittedly cramped, and working in it was no picnic, but I have room inside to store some items that formerly languished in a shed. And with those items out of the way, I have more room in my shed of all items Cub related. Hurray!

Jeremiah, Good to see you posting again. Very nice work. Welcome back to the CC world.

Jeremiah, nicely done! And I'll add momentum to the "Good to see you post!" comments.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I close to finishing a new Bar, edges and corners are not perfect but the wood isn't either - so I'm thinking it matches or fits... Lotsa mistakes made, and more to come.

286951.jpg

All the wood started like the below left board, same color etc.

286952.jpg

Vince, that's interesting! Looks like boards cut with both band and circular saws. ??
happy.gif

Well, what is this, Cub Killing project number 7 or some thing?

Looking for a new home that won't break the bank. It might be easier to find a ride to the moon.
whistling.gif
bash.gif

What ever it is, it will have to have plenty of Cub parking, I'm not giving an inch on that one.
thumbsup.gif

Brian: If I thought I was far gone before, you completely lost me on this one:

Well, what is this, Cub Killing project number 7 or some thing?

Looking for a new home that won't break the bank. It might be easier to find a ride to the moon.

What ever it is, it will have to have plenty of Cub parking, I'm not giving an inch on that one.

Vince,
The bar looks great! I can envision a cold one sitting on it right now....
beer2.gif

Brian,
I'm with Frank. Huh?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back