• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

They're backkkkkkkk...GOLD RUSH...2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, another year has gone by! So Goldrush is back for another season. Lets hope some of the groups do better than last year. The TV listing lead in is 'Parker sets season goal'.
Fri Oct 17th on Discovery channel. Looks like a lead in at 8pm with a 2 hour show at 9pm. See you there. A.

I have been looking for this show this year. Thanks for the update.

I'm with you, Mike. Perhaps we watch just to see the train wreck.
smile.gif

OK, since I started this whole thread, I guess I should update it.
Thursday Oct 17,2014
Well Parker wants a load of Gold...2000 ozs. Still working the old place as Tony Beets (The Viking) woun't give him any new land yet. He's off and running early after putting in hydraulic collectors that Tony insisted had to be installed. Did seem to help collecting.
Dave from the origional Hoffman group went with 2 new guys that seem to have better smarts than Todd in prospecting. Todd begged him to come back and help but said sorry, got a new place.
Tony Beets (The Viking) bought an old mining dredge for a million dollars! (DUH!) and is trying to get it moved a few miles to a better location. Gonna be interesting to see how they do that.
Now...the Hoffman group. Todd called meeting of the previous group to see who would go with him on a new adventure, no one had any interest. So...Todd and dad went the youkon and got a piece of previously mined land, but paid a high cost to get it. If this season doesn't work out Todd will probabily throw himself into a rock crusher! ??
Anybody notice no Fred and son this year? Last year the son wanted to divert a river to dig gold from the bottom of the falls. Guess Discovery channel figured that idea wasn't gonna fly too well.
See yaw'll next week, unless I watch Hawaii50 or the MMA fights. :)

Allen: I caught "The Dirt" which aired at 1:00 AM and saw how Parker and his brother finally got to some Smithwick Creek gold for their Grandpa, age 93, who has now gotten an aggressive form of cancer, in the brain, I think. It was nice to see the family pull together, although, I've got to say, that family certainly has some interesting dynamics, if you ask me.

I was surprised Tony Deets (as I hear his last name) volunteered for the season of coverage. There must be some money in it for him.

I doubt that Tony Deets is there for the money, I think he is all about ego!

I think the Hoffmans are there for the comedy.

Parker is a gutsy kid, but I think he gets a lot of help and advice from his family.

I read Dakota Fred is doing his own documentary this year.

Well I watched another episode.. at times a struggle, and if I have to watch Parker toss a hissy fit one more time I'm done!

I don't care if Greg was wrong (never proven) who does Parker think he is? A lord and master??

NOT!

I missed last night...darn. While seeing if I could find a repeat on the net, I found a picture that looked like the dredge was being moved. Anybody, whats the dredge status. Thnx A.

Well.. Tony wanted a new/used 75 ton crane but Momma/banker said nope, cost to much! So she finds/buys a 50 ton crane! WTF??? So Tony has 2 new "friends" that he just met come over and start taking it apart for transport to an undisclosed location.

And as usual, the editing makes it seem like there's drama at every turn, but then reality sets in and all goes well.

I'm actually rooting for Todd, his Dad, and Jim Thurber,,, after last year they need the support!
1AA_dance2.gif

...........And again, the Hoffman crew gets into a bind moving their trammel getting it stuck. Again Jack says "Let me do my thing on the 400.", and again I say <u>Keep that old man the hell off the 400!!</u>

I "think" the whole drama deal and the machine not having the power was twit Todd didn't know enough to set the tranny in first gear. That loader had more than enough power and it was the "careful editing" that they do so skillfully to add the drama because moving dirt can be real boring!

I find it strange that abandoned heavy equipment is always parked at abandoned mining sites with fully charged batteries.

Back