• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

there are a few out there yet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
Following up on an add for a vac.mount ended up in a discussion over a 1650.I have zero knowledge of 1650's so listening to owner cranked me up a little. I've been looking for a mod with hydraulics for a long time and here is one 5 miles away.....After a new batt and complete carb. cleaning it fired right up.Had been parked for 6 yrs and even had great spark.....It came with snowblower and 50" deck all in good shape.....We arrived at an agreeable price that was very fair..He was most pleased to hear it run again....He also had operator manuals and was the second owner since 1975...It drives fine(always garaged))....I'm quite pleased and planning all kinds of ways to use front hdy. outlets...changing filters and trans oil on the top of list..Plus new front tires.. The weight box in the back is even original equipment..My intent is this will become my primary mower and work horse.....Never give up looking.....

Attachments

• 100_1483.JPG
    100_1483.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_1484.JPG
    100_1484.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 243
Dual hydraulics! Very nice. It looks like you have a winner that wants to be put to work. You already have it running. Great job.

Gary - that certainly is a nice find. I don't know why you think you need to change the front tires. They look ok to me in the pics. I'd just clean them up good - but I would definitely grease the wheel bearings. Get yourself a service manual if you haven't already. After you grease the bearings make sure you have the correct end play according to the spec in the manual. You might need some really thin shims that I think CC Specialties may have.
Also, wondering what you're thinking about for the front hydraulics? At the time IH did this the only option to use them was angling for the front blade.

Harry, the tires are very worn.I was considering 3 rib until I looked a prices.(WOW) For the front a hyd angled blade would be nice, I could mount a cyl to rotate blower chute, a short lifting boom option might be handy. Running hoses to the back would make a lift for a 3 point without running hard lines.My imagination out runs my pocketbook often....I will do a thorough check over soon ,as well as oil changes and greasing. It's most impressive to me that everything now works quite well.Even the blower runs very nice....I'm a muzzleloader nut so I have enough lead to fill the weight box if I wanted to so no real need to find wheel weights....This is a long term affair for me so learning the machine matters to me...thanks for asking...

Those tires aren't actually worn, that's how they are supposed to look. Those are most likely the factory tires and in fact they look almost new as well. I know they don't look to have much life left but, they are completely fine.

Now I'm going to be Kraig for a moment here, and show you these 2 sales brochures that I found with a quick search across the forum- as you can see the tires looked this way even when brand new!
284290-jpg.87408
253377-jpg.78930

Nice find! wish the one I found looked this nice!

A year ago I got myself a 1450, 2nd owner, hid dad was the 1st owner I got a 1450, 50" deck, 42" snowthrower, a pile of receipts from tune-ups and repairs. My find was in very tough shape. I parted it. I was hoping for the best, hoping for weights, chains a possibly more but I got none of these items, nor did I get side shields. I do know of a 1450 with dual hydraulics, with a blown K321. 10 years ago he was going to rebuild the motor some day....I should inquire maybe next spring.

Well guys, I guess I don't fit the image of a 1650 owner.I don't have any checkered britches and blue tennies and he doesn't even have a pack of marlboros in a pocket.This was 1975 right?The fringe might be just a bit pushy for my tastes...Pretty obvious who they were trying to market to but the price in '75 was over 3 grand... Figure that out on an inflation basis,at just 3% it's about 46 yrs x 3% is138 %....7100?? Thanks for all the positive comments!!

Part of me still can't believe that was an accessory available from IH. However, the other part of me can, based on all the other weird and wacky accessories they offered!

Anyway, I guess I forgot to say, very nice machine! Someday I kinda want to get my hands on a Quietline, even if just for the experience of owning and working on one. I'm more of a narrow frame guy but hey, I should try new things right?

Oh man!...I am sooooooooooooo glad you posted this picture. I've been wanting to come up with some sort of windscreen idea for using with the snow thrower and this is absolutely awesome. I am going to do this!!! (y) :cool: (y)

Here's another view of the canopy.

Protective_Canopy-a.jpg

Protective_Canopy-b.jpg

Interesting picture. Are those wheelie bars? And whats the reason for the hitch extension. I have never seen those before.

Back