• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The wife

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharder

displayname
Jim Harder
Maybe some of you have been wondering what's been going on with my wife. For those who want to know here is the deal. On the date of 3/3/14 She called me @ 6:45 am saying she was in sever abdominal pain. Came home rush her to the ER. I had a gut feeling I knew exactly what was wrong. You see we got married July 6th of last year and on the wedding night she got pregnant. But that was short lived. She was have a tubular pregnancy, Which is a bad thing and life threating. Long story short they had to give her a chemo shot to terminate the pregnancy to save her life threating possibilities. That night we decide after the discussions with are doctor(who is by far the best doctor I have ever met. Who also has a very great team of nurses) that told us since she had one tubular pregnancy she was @ a 25 percent greater chance of it happing again. Fast forward to March of this year I am rushing her to the ER again. Find out she is pregnant but a lot further along than she was the last time. Again another tubular pregnancy (oh SH!! NOT AGAIN).They set up a appointment with are doctor for Wednesday morning( He dose surgery all day on Tuesdays). Well during the night early Tuesday morning She was in the worst pain I ever seen anybody in. I truly thought she was dying. Get her back to the ER they cant find anything wrong. They did get a hold of are doctor who got us in Tuesday. Well what had happen was her tube tore off her ovary. He set her up for emergency surgery Tuesday evening. And while they took out the damaged tube we had him tie her other one off so it cant happen again.Got her home Wednesday morning (2:00 am) By Friday morning she had a infection on one of her incisions. Put her antibiotics. Now she is suffering from complications From them. So in a nutshell that’s the deal for those who want to know. And if anyone feels the need to leave some smarta$$ comment on what we done or why I strongly suggest You keep them to yourself. This hasn’t been easy @ all and Thank you to the ones that do care. Thanks Jim

Wow Jim.. That's horrible! Chris and I are praying for you and your wife and wish her a speedy recovery.

I doubt anyone here would be heartless enough to be a smartass! But, thanks for keeping us in the loop and take care of her!

Jim that's awful, I only hope things get better for you and your wife,

Jim you and your wife will be remembered in our prayers.

Jim-

I seriously doubt you will encounter any smarts$$es over your unfortunate dealings with fate. It would take a very small person to do such.

I know it's early yet but adoption is a great thing in more ways than one and there are many children that need people like you and your wife. We have an adoption in our family and it turned out wonderful.

Good luck to you and your wife in that she experiences a safe and speedy recovery.

Wayne,
It may surprise you the number of people who have made some holeyer than tho comment. Not wanting in anyway to start yet another religion war. But those type I can do with out. I understand everyone has to have something to get them through the night. For some its drugs, booze, teddy bear or whatever. I just have a very hard time with the very deep end religious type. Please don not take that as a slam against you or anybody's beliefs. But we have encountered a few people that have brow beat us and said that we were murders or what have you. That's what I was getting @. Thanks for all the kind words and sincere Thoughts from everyone. Jim

Hope your wife is doing well. Those who give you a hard time need an education. A tubal or ectopic pregnancy is not a viable pregnancy. If left untreated the patients tube can rupture and many bad things can happen. The only treatment is removing the pregnancy via medicines or surgery. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Shane,
That is exactly what happen. it did rupture and the many bad things are happing. Thanks you for understanding.

Thank You for the update, Jim. We shall continue keeping you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim...I wondered how she was doing even tho i didnt know what was wrong.I'm sorry for you both and it has to be very difficult for you both to go thru this, not once but twice.I sure hope she is doing ok and you are staying strong for her. Take care and keep us posted.

Ron

Well we had more testing done Friday got the result back to the doctor today. He set up a appointment for tomorrow @ one. But he personally called me today and told me to drop what I am doing and go pick a prescription for her right then. Said some abnormal things came back on her test and needed to start meds right away. Said he will explain tomorrow. Although I truly feel we have the best doctor money can buy, But why didn't he just tell me what is going on. Another night of wait and see. And of course to keep a new day dawned with a new dose of fresh hell I am suffering from one the worst head colds I have ever had. Probably has to do with the stress and a major lack of sleep. Oh well as long as she gets better. Thanks everyone. Jim

Jim: Considering your head cold I'll do this for you.
bash.gif

Frank,
Funny you used that one reminded me of a time when I was hauling steel OTR. It was when fuel was over $5.00 a gallon and couldn't buy a load to haul because the automakers were in the tank. Been like that all summer and fall and it was coming on Christmas time and I was broke. I mean flat broke. I use to leave on Sunday nights Catch a hour of sleep here or there if I could. Anyhow It was a Thursday night a week before Christmas I go into a truck stop to get fuel(to deadhead home) mad very very tired. A older gentlemen saw me putting fuel in my truck and also saw me counting my money. ( to see if I had enough to get a real meal or just a coffee and snickers)We got to talking shop he demanded he was buying me supper.(even though I tried to tell him no.Pride I guess) Had a very nice supper and a even better talk about everything except money and driving. We walked back to our trucks shook hands and he said something I will never forget. He says "You know the only good thing about beating your head into a brick wall"? And I said no sir and his reply was "HOW GREAT IT FEELS WHEN YOU STOP". I thought bout that all night and all weekend. Luckily things slowly picked up and I got back on my feet again. I will never forget that. Jim

Had a doctors visit yesterday. She now has yet another infection that they are certain they can clear up with 5 days of antibiotics. Then another week of a different antibiotic to clear up the side effects of this one. It just amazes me @ what you got to go threw to get healed up these days. But at least things are starting to do as the should. And we are on the right path finally. Now if I could just shake this head cold. ( which has also brought a case of sinus infection.)We could be getting back to normal.

Jim..Glad to hear things are going a little better. Hang in there, might be going slow but atleast its going in a positive direction. Hopefully things will get all taken care of and you and your wife can enjoy some much needed stress free time.

Ron

Just a update. The wife worked a full day yesterday but was very tired when she came home. Now I guess its time to figure out where we go from here. Thanks to all who truly did care and for the words.

Wayne S. we have talked about adoption after the last time and even my sister has been thinking about it after they lost one of there twins. But we don't know where to start the process @. My question is can I email you for some more info on that? Thanks guys Jim

Latest posts

Back