• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

the Safety gas cans, pain

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkuik

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Randy Kuik
i have several of the old plastic gas cans for gas, well i have a compact diesel kubota also. after i got it, look hi and low for the "non" safety can to no avail and broke down and bought a "safety" one. what a mistake, spilled more fuel w/that than i wanted. UNTIL i found on 'diggers" site, a valve you drill a hole in the can, make sure all the cutting get washed out, and pop it in. on my goodness, now the fuel can pours fuel like it should. THANK YOU digger.
1628820780063.png

Hey Randy - what's the part number for that. My son needs a couple and I don't know where to look on Charlie's site.

Drill a 3/16" hole in the back top of the container and plug it with a golf tee. Pull the tee and gas will flow faster than you really need or want at times. Tee's are cheep.

Geez, thanks Charlie. I should'a known they'd be under your Memorabilia listings. Now, next time I have to order something I'll add one on.
Thanks

i have seen people use the golf tee's before, but did not really believe sealed 100%, and as far as cheap, they are less than a buck, so add w/your next order from Charlie. drilled the 1/2" hole, snapped if really tight and worked just like the old ones.

Hey - lets support our sponsors. Charlie has those gas can vents for $0.75 each (yup, 3 quarters) AND besides those vents he has alot of other neat stuff on that Memorabilia page, like a really nice Cub Cadet vinyl banner or even a 3'x5' IH flag. Dang nice stuff. Just have a look here.
https://www.ccspecialties.org/misc_novelty.html

Hey - lets support our sponsors. Charlie has those gas can vents for $0.75 each (yup, 3 quarters) AND besides those vents he has alot of other neat stuff on that Memorabilia page, like a really nice Cub Cadet vinyl banner or even a 3'x5' IH flag. Dang nice stuff. Just have a look here.
https://www.ccspecialties.org/misc_novelty.html
Those days are gone to Harry. It's the new I could care less, as long as I can get what I want, at the price I want, when I want generation. (y)
No worries though, we were here long before they came along and we'll be here long after they are gone. You know the routine!:roflol:

Funny thing is, I just looked and over the years, between the funnels and the vent caps, I've sent out over 14,000 pieces for FREE!
And out of that number, about 300 said thanks, so that tell's ya something doesn't it.:cubwinker:

Digger,
My CCS receipt told me not to reply because your shipping computer doesn’t read well enough to understand that I want to thank you.

Thank you for keeping so many items available and on one web site.

I wasn’t sure if I should thank you for the Cow Tales, or if the shipper was having a feast on them, and let a few slip into my order. I wouldn’t want to get a packaging person in trouble. That is my industry...

Digger,
My CCS receipt told me not to reply because your shipping computer doesn’t read well enough to understand that I want to thank you.

Thank you for keeping so many items available and on one web site.

I wasn’t sure if I should thank you for the Cow Tales, or if the shipper was having a feast on them, and let a few slip into my order. I wouldn’t want to get a packaging person in trouble. That is my industry...
Thanks for all your orders man! (y)

and the vent caps, I've sent out over 14,000 pieces for FREE!

I wondered about that. Well let me say thanks, mine restored the old 5 gallon one I use for the Graham Paige tiller.

I think I've finally found a decent new can. I've been using a "No-Spill" for going on 8 or so years. I'm up to 2 to keep things running and getting gas isn't a special trip anymore. They're not cheap but they work well and are durable. Push on, good flow, release, done no spills. No fancy twist spouts, or corrugated hodge podge tube and parts than end up lost or leaking.

I also enjoyed the cow tails I received with an order and the gas can vent that came in another order went right into a newer 5 gallon can I had in the garage. The other great thing about ordering from Charlie is that I don't think there are too many places out there that can get a product shipped out that quick to me and his prices are hard to beat and you know it's going to be the correct part and not some cheaper version. I have probably ordered more in parts than I paid for my 129 to begin with and I know I'm not done with it yet. Especially once winter arrives a few months from now and I have to get it ready again for snow duty and find more issues that need attention. I don't want to imagine what it would have taken to find some of the parts I have needed if it weren't for cub cadet specialties.

Charlie - you said "about 300 said thanks, so that tell's ya something".

Sure does. Is it "The 300"? (the famous historical ones?) :cubwinker:

Harry, I don't think Digger is that old...

Back