• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The Restauration of my IH Cub Cadet 127 Hydro in Germany

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattias, I like that 353, well, I like them all but the flip up windshield on the 353 is cool. The 433V, the 127 and the 353 all look like they are brand new.

IH_Thumbs_UP_WHITE.gif

Awesome job on the refurb Matthias!
Also I’ve never seen a vineyard model.
I like the photo in your workshop. A workshop looks the same in Germany as a workshop here in the US...just a different language on the banner on the wall!

Hello everybody,
I am glad that you like my restoration so much. I have to say, I absolutely love the forum.

I can post a few pictures of my workshop if there is interest.

Today I got my M12 x 140 carriage bolts to mount the wheel weights.

Also took a few pictures from the test drive

Best wishes,
Matthias

I haven't seen this thread until just now, and I must say... WOW!! That 127 looks amazing, as do the 2 big machines! An incredible little collection you have there, and an amazing workshop too! We've all struggled a bit because of the pandemic but it seems you didn't let that stop you from getting the job done.

As for the leak, between the pump and differential casing is a VERY common leak spot. The gasket is just a round cork gasket with 3 holes in the bottom, and it is available from CC Specialties

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 11.03.15.png

Good evening guys,

I started removing the gearbox today.
Quite difficult because you can't get the screws from above.
But in the end it worked.

I took some nice photos

K1024_IMG_5567.JPG

K1024_IMG_5568.JPG

K1024_IMG_5570.JPG

K1024_IMG_5571.JPG

K1024_IMG_5573.JPG

K1024_IMG_5574.JPG

K1024_IMG_5577.JPG

K1024_IMG_5581.JPG

The gearbox is now on the workbench

A lot of dirt, first have to clean.

Then I will drain the oil, dismantle the hydraulic line and remove the hydraulic pump.

It is fixed with 4 screws, do I see that correctly? Can you then simply take it out?

Matthias - yes, it's just 4 bolts (screws) that hold the hydro pump in place. Suggest you look thru FAQ #94. Even tho it shows a wide frame tractor, and even tho you're already thru most of the steps it shows, there is still info that you may find useful and helpful as you proceed.
http://cubfaq.com/corkgasket.html
(And by the way, just in case you're wondering, YES our democracy will survive, and I believe we will join again with the leading and respected countries of the free world).

I really enjoy the tractor pictures and learning from you cub experts,. especially the hydro transmission . I have a 1650 with lose linkage and you guys are giving me a lot of in sight on how to repair.

thank you very much for the flowers

I cleaned the gearbox and hydraulic pump and prepared them so that the oil can be drained.

The Hy Tran is only half a year old, so I want to use it again.
But everything has to be meticulously clean for this.

Unfortunately, we just got a cold snap (-6 degrees Celsius) and I have no heating in the workshop. So let's see what happens next.
From tomorrow it should get warmer for a short time.

Otherwise I will use the propane bottle with heater.

I think I made a mistake, I did not press the two check valves on the hydraulic pump when I removed the gearbox

Can something break in the short distance?

K1024_IMG_5588.JPG

Last edited:
I don't think you did any damage, if you can still rotate everything freely then it's probably all good.

:greenthumb:

would NOT have used that silicone stuff on that gasket!
You do not want chunks of that stuff floating around inside of a hydrostatic transmission.

It will ooze out and into who knows where when you tighten the bolts up.
Looks like you have a very thick coating on that gasket.

the one with the silicone mass on the picture is a bit wrong. In particular, around the outlet opening of the return line, I only applied the compound extremely thinly.

In particular, I wanted to avoid clogging the return hole.

But I also wanted to have maximum security that it would be tight.

The gearbox and hydraulic pump have now been reinstalled. The brake linkage connected and so did the Trunion. All settings have been checked again and then I built the tractor under for the first test.

The pump immediately sucked in oil as it should. Forward - backward neutral position fits exactly and everything works.
Again, add the amount of oil that is now bound in the pipe and filter and that's it.

In the end I wanted to mount the protective bracket for the hydraulic line and the screws didn't fit until I noticed that one has a UNC thread and the other has a UNF, for whatever reason.

Back