• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The Farmall M

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweakley

displayname
Michael John Weakley
Hello! Its Michael again. A few weeks after I had posted the Thread I finally got my tires in. Unfortunatley they had brought the wrong type of rim. They brought a double Bevel rim instead of the single bevel. After a couple more weeks of dreadful waiting I finally recivied my new rims and tires! It was about 4 days later the Seaton Tractor show came up! I bought new front tires the day before the tractor show. That day my Friend Bryan and I paraded my M and his H into town. We were the talk of the day. bryan had an all ORIGINAL Farmall H! It even has the original fenders without any holes. His Tractor likes to eat a quart of oil every 2 to 3 hours. He had also brought a Very Rare but unique 1920's disc Sharpener. It ran off his belt pully. People thought my Tractor was really neat, because it had the overdrive, the original glass gar, and how great of shape it was in. I had about 10 people around my tractor asking me questions and the more wise people were pointing out things to other people and talking about it. Today i noticed that my last thread was brought up so I decided I was going to take some pictures of my tractor today!
89962.jpg

The M
89963.jpg

I bought a new-used paper belt pully
89964.jpg

A close up
89965.jpg

The original Glass Pre-cleaner
89966.jpg

\I bought a PTO Cover for it
89967.jpg

My New Rear Tires
89968.jpg

Just My M by the corn field.

They all thought it was odd that the grill was in so good of shape. I had a parts M that had a Super snoot Grill on it. it had the original front piece that was taken off and never reinstalled. The original one was in pretty bad shape. I've been earning my money by working with the M, working for other farmers, or doing some lawn mower work. Right now I'm working on a Cub Cadet 127! I have to rebuild the engine and make it all original again. My uncle likes to jerry rig everything so this cub ought to be interesting. And my neighbor is gonna have me rebuild two john deeres, and my other neighbor is having me work on all of his lawn mowers. The other day my brother Jim Weakley and I took his F-20 Duckbill and redid all the seals in the rearend. and about a year ago Jim and I restored an F-20 narrow tread. Thanks for your time to read all of this. My dad wants to restore the M this winter. I would like to keep it original for a couple more years but.... We shall see. On September 12, 13, & the 14th I will be attending the Atkinson, IL tractor Show. I didn't know if all of you knew about it or not. Here is the site if you would like to check it out. http://www.atkinson-engine-tractor-assoc.com/index.htm. You have to call the President inorder to attend the tractor show. hope you enjoy!

MARLIN - That is really sad. Back in '47 FARMALL was hard pressed to keep up with demand for M's & H's. Loosing a couple tractors that were probably already sold by the dealer sure made for a couple unhappy customers I'm sure. In about '47 Dad had just gotten out of the Army, because He was a Vet, got first dibs on a brand new H and 50T baler. He drove his new tractor & baler the 3-4 miles home to His Dad's place. He was flagged down THREE times during the trip and offered considerably more for the tractor/baler right where it sat than what He'd paid for it.

Small correction to the caption on the picture however. ALL FARMALL M's were built in Rock Island, @ FARMALL. only Super M's were ever built at LVL, during '52 & '53, at the rate of about 50/day from parts sent from existing tooling @ FARMALL.

Speaking of Farmalls in the family, here is one my Dad bought new in 1954. This is the first tractor I remember we got new, as well as the first tractor I learned to drive on. This was a one owner tractor until my Dad passed away in 2008, and it is still in the family today. My Son has it and restored it over the winter of 2008/09. Over the years he had many other Farmalls, but he always said this was his favorite tractor, along with the 126 Cub Cadet I have today.

187705.jpg

WAYNE - REALLY nice looking Super M-TA. Your SON did a great restoration. Dad bought a SM-TA in about '62, I was still a bit too young to do fieldwork then. In '63 or '64 He bought a JD R diesel for Me to run....HATED that thing, finally conned Dad into running it and then I got to run the M-TA.

I have Dad's '51 M he bought new just before Christmas in '51. And the Super H He traded the '39 H for in May, '68. Wish I could find his old SM-TA, make a nice pair of bookends with my Super H since it was built in Jan. '54, about the time the SM-TA's were starting to be built.

Back