• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The day finally came!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharder

displayname
Jim Harder
After looking for the past 6-8 years I finally got a 782d. I will get some pictures up when I get them. Brought it home in the dark. It just needs put back together. Guy took it all apart rebuilt and repaired everything. Then sandblasted primed painted and or powder coated everything. Put it back together enough to make it run and lost interest in it. It needs a few items to finish it. I already put a add in the wanted section. Although for me its very odd to buy something that isn't in a basket or have to buy 2 or 3 tractors to make 1. Ether I am getting smarter older or wiser. Or just plain lazy. Ether way this should be fun. Only need one more and I will have the complete 82 series. Which I think maybe harder to find than this 782d was. Will keep you all updated for those that are interested. Jim

You will love it. I really like my 1512 and have it slated for paint soon. Just need to finish my 125 lol. Those diesels sip fuel !

Jim H. Welcome to the Smokers Club!!! You will love the 782D.
283998.gif

Jim, CUBgratulations! Looking forward to the photos.
happy.gif

Ok I must be doing something wrong. I got a new computer and I am trying to get a couple pictures on here . I am doing it the way I have always done but when I go threw the processes it will not upload. It dose nothing when I click on upload. Where am I going wrong? Thanks Jim

Awesome find Jim. If it's a "9" your looking for, they gotta be easier to find. Heck I got one, but no diesel.
thumbsup.gif

Nice looking 782D! Looks like it even has the updated starter. I wonder what's up with the IH serial number tag...... Congrats on the smoker find!
thumbsup.gif

Ok here's the whole story on the 782d. The gentleman that had before me had it all tore down and was hauling the MTD frame on a trailer to get sandblasted. While he was taking it there a pickup truck ran a stop sign and drove over the frame and his trailer. Luckily the engine block and a lot of other parts where in the bed of his truck and didn't get hurt. So that ended the MTD frame. But he had a extra 782 frame because he wanted the cast iron rearend in the 782d. Which he sent the hydro unit off to get rebuilt changed the axles over to fine spline and a new ring and pinion all new bearings and seal. rebuilt the engine and painted it with the updated glowplug wiring and gear reduction starter rebuilt fuel pump and new alternator with new motor mounts. all new wiring harness and switch's. New braided stainless steel fuel line. New driveshaft with new flex joints. Upgraded the steering to a super steer style. every bolt and nut is new. And the bolts and nuts that are seen are stainless steel. He also painted the fenders. But the hood side shield are powder coated. It needs put back together. Its just put together enuff for it to run and move. None of the sheet metal or gauges are in it. I need to get gauges and a seat and the deck lift cylinder. Which I put a add in the wanted section for. All in all its has to be the nicest tractor I have ever owned. That includes what I farm with and a lot of those have been gone threw from stem to stern. I am sure there is stuff I left out that he rebuilt or replaced. Will keep you all updated as long as your all interested. Jim

NICE FIND Jim!!!!!

While you are in there, find a a power steering column and you'll be 100% tip top.

Hopefully, some time this summer my 2182 in 982 sheet metal will look as nice as it's older diesel cousin!!!!!

Thanks Steve.
Although I wonder since its not on the original frame if the correct police would have a fit over this?
Thanks Kraig for getting the pictures up for me. I am so computer stupid that I may need some more help as I go forward with this.

The only "correct police" I worry about is the one with the key to MY tractor!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
As heavy as that Kubota is, PS would be a HUGE improvement!!!!

Steve, That exactly how I feel about it to! But I have always told myself and especially the wife, should we fall on hard times my cubs will be the first to go. I have a great idea in mind of what I would like to end up with when I am done with it. But the kid in me says hurry up and get it together. While another part of me says build it how you want it. I don't know what I will do for sure. But ether way it will be what I want.

Jim

add power steering if you plan on a snow blower . I have a full system here to add on a cub and I can`t make up my mind if my 129 loader should have it or my 1512 diesel. The loader would probably benefit from the three turn steering box , it does not get run near as much as my diesel does. I have no problems doing mods on my cubs . there are a few improved options that one can add now that IH did not add. I want what I think will make my Cubs better for me. I own them and use them .The 1862 I had here and did some work on had power steering and I did like it but it did not like the tractor as much as my other Cubs.enjoy your 782 D ; I know you will wish you had it sooner!

Jim, You will love that 782D. Mine needs to be torn down to do a total refub, but its always being used. Like Don T says that Kubota just sips fuel. Good Luck with it and enjoy.

So I started working on the 782d today. I really need a wiring diagram. The one I found on here is for a 882d. Dose anyone know if that would be the same? And if there is a serial break I may awhile figuring that out. Because of the missing serial tag. Also I think I shorted out the brand new glow plug relay. Or they just burn up that often? Thanks Jim

Back