• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The cats are here, now it's time for the dogs

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen-

That brings back many memories. I've had labs all of my life up until a few years ago. I have maples all around my house so every fall there would be several large piles of leaves. I would throw a tennis ball into the pile and those guys would jump in just like the lab in the video. It was a hoot to watch 3 wagging tails which was all you could see. I have several pics but they're not digital. The bitch I had at the time would not come out of the pile without the ball.

Yep, that brings back many memories. I sure miss those guys.

Allen, you are right. After checking out your links and the puppies, I had to go Awwwww..lol

Cath

As of today I've had 8 weeks of Rescued Greyhound Homeschooling.

294177.jpg

We agreed to dogsit him for a "couple weeks".
happy.gif

Frank C. I've learned years ago to ask the question, "Just what exactly couple of weeks do you want us to watch?"
biggrin.gif
(I think that you're beginning to like the little thing.)
happy.gif

Marlin: You're right - on both counts. However, he's not a little thing - when he's stretched out he's over 6 feet long!

Ron: I can't imagine having 5 around - unless they're not treated as house guests. They're a whole different breed of cat than what I'm used to. This particular one raced for a year in Birmingham, Alabama, was retired a 2 and ended up at the Augusta, Maine Greyhound rescue. His owner started his own Facebook Page as Lexington Bailey.

Just seems like a good day to post some good advice from the FAQs:

THINGS WE CAN LEARN FROM A DOG

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure
ecstasy.
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Let others know when they've invaded your territory.

Take naps and stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Meet Maggie Mae. She was born in Nov. and seems to be fitting in pretty good. Full blooded German Shepherd.
294667.jpg

294668.jpg

294669.jpg

294670.jpg

294671.jpg

294672.jpg

Great!! Those two are gonna be inseparable lifelong pals for sure!!

Down to earth good old USA story for sure!!
Makes me wish I could back the truck up about 60 years or so!!

Man and dog were meant to be companions... This one never leaves my side spring, summer, or fall. Sitting at the computer he is always touching me.

294692.jpg

294693.jpg

294694.jpg

294695.jpg

294696.jpg

Nice Keith,is he a Bull terrier or Amstaff? Abby was like that with me, and this week I am really missing her.

294717.jpg

Shultzie,

Brings back memories of my childhood.
Nice O bracket sitting on the floor in the second pic. You ought to send it on to me since you are not using it!
err.gif

Schultzie..Wow..She is gonna be a big dog when she finally grows into those feet ! LOL. Great looking dog !

I am catching up on reads. The puppies are too cute. Schultzie, Maggie Mae is a darling. What a great face..so powerful and protective. Keith I so enjoyed the pics of your guy. Liked the last pic of you two sitting side by side....Frank, I didnt know you were into greyhound rescues..that is fantastic.!!

I was watching national geo on tv last weekend and they had shows on strange animal friends. I'm sure everyone has seen the one with the orang and the puppy? Then they had shows on do animals love?...oh my goodness, I wept so much during those shows. They say if you want to learn how to live your life..watch the animals, they are our greatest teachers and watching such shows, it is so true. ( the creator had a plan when he created the animals...) if only we could simplify our lives and live in harmony..

cath

Shultzie:
beerchug.gif

That's a heartwarming pic - just right for this time of year. Scrolled down for the "beginning of the story".
thumbsup_old.gif

Edit: Turned the page. Post away with the pics!
happy.gif

Back