• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The cats are here, now it's time for the dogs

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
243716.jpg

Over the weekend animals were dropped off at our local animal shelter while it was closed. 2 of them were kittens that were so bad off they had to be euthenized. The third was this guy. I plan to meet him tomorrow, even knowing that I can't bring him home. His description on their Facebook website is "He's HUGE and intact".

Frank C. He is one handsome dog. He would make a nice addition to your family.

Off to work so everyone have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.
happy.gif

Oh this thread is much better!
buttrock.gif

This is Jett and Jackson with his new puppy. He got him on March 12,2012. (I'll get a new pic soon. That dog has grown!)
243734.jpg

Frank..thats a beautiful St. Bernard! I'm sure he'll be quickly adopted. That's so sad that the kittens had to be put to sleep though.

Shultzie, Jett and Jackson make quite the pair. Those puppies, and little boys both grow quickly, wink wink.

I LUV puppies . I always had dogs and my first was a petite little girl named Tammy, a Beagle, who I got for my 13th birthday and had for years, (and my mom kept her after I got married)...we got a golden retriever and she was an amazing family member, then a irish setter and she was far to high spirited for me to handle and then a few years later, when my folks got a pair of Saints " Becka" and Bernie, they were going to breed them, but Becka would have nothing to do with Bernie, but Becka did get manage to get herself out of the barn and mated with a yellow Lab and the whole of the litter came out looking like Black Labs.! I picked out one, and had Bonnie Blue Buckle for years. (named her that, as the only way to tell the difference in the pups was my the color of their collars..lol) She looked like a lab, but her head was larger and she was overall abit bigger in size.

I like this new thread Frank C.

Here's a ole' poloroid of Tammy, not bad for an antique pic, huh? lol
243737.jpg

angel.gif
aka Cath

I am hoping to hear Frank has a new friend. He has alot of room for the saint to wander around.

bash.gif

I've got a whole post floating around somewhere in cyberspace!
I went to see him today. Nice animal, but too big for our vehicles!
243755.jpg

243756.jpg

They've already got a couple homes interested in having him. He's become quite a celebrity on Facebook
happy.gif

P.S. They're calling him "Dallas" (as the neuclear sub in "The Hunt for Red October").
happy.gif

Here are my 3 dogs Abby is the 10y old black&white, Buster is the 3y old brown,

243761.jpg

and Bella is Busters 3y old sister.

243762.jpg

It's not often I'm MOVED emotionally, BUT this pic did.
Some of you may know who it is.
If wants to comment, I'm sure he'll post.
243767.jpg

<font color="119911">Charlie has a heart!!!
happy.gif
</font>

I know who that is, and I feel the same way as Charlie. My Daughters 130 Rotty is one of my best friends, but someday he will move on. I'm looking forward to that day, my Daughter will be crushed.

I wish someone would fill in the blanks.

Most of us have no clue.

HMmmm... Seems Tom has a heart also..
happy.gif

I very vaguely remember that other pic.. but I can't recover that memory it seems.

I got the kids a dog 17 years ago. He is going to have to be put down soon. I am waiting until i can talk to all the kids about it. I can't turn him loose because he over exersizes. I just walk him some each day. Buddy will be missed by all of us.

I was kinda surprised to see the picture Charlie posted, but don't mind that he did. "YaNa" (means Bear in Cherokee) was a Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix that weighed 180 pounds. To give an idea of her size, I am 6'2" and weigh 260 lbs or so. She woke us up about 4 AM one morning to go out, but she could not get up. Her back legs were paralyzed, she could get up on her front legs, but not her back legs, and if I picked her backend up she could not stand on her back legs. After spending the day at the Vets office and exams and opinions by two different vets, it was determined that the best thing for her based on the quality of life she would have, was to put her to sleep. That was a hard decision to make, but we all thought it was the was the best thing for her. She was 9 years old.
243784.jpg

If I was working in the garage, she would come in the garage to get me if she wanted something, or if my wife sent her to get me, but she normally laid outside right beside the open door. If someone came, she thought they came to see her. She was very friendly and not agressive, but if visitor's came in the garage she would always stay between me and the visitor(s). She liked to "work" and play ball with you and would fetch the ball and try to throw it back to you(she could pick up a soccer ball in her mouth)and would sling her head to "throw it". She always wanted to be where I was, or very close by. I think if she had had "thumbs" on here huge paws, she would have been a good wrench turner on the Cub Cadets.
243785.jpg

oops..first, I thought I was signed in, and it was Marlin and I did a post, then deleted it, but I deleted marlins post. so, how do I tell him? lol..he's gonna miss it. I have such a migraine, I forget where I was. darn it all. well, him and Ryan MC went to pic up a little tractor so perhaps their trip will soften the blow.

so onto the puppies......

Jeff B.,thanks for sharing the pics of Abby, Buster and Belle, those puppies take up a LOT of space. I mean ' heart space'. thanks for sharing their quiet moments with us.

Tom, any of us who have a ' family member' regret the day when we know they will move on and we are left with the memories. sigh... and Luther it is SO hard to start that conversation as to when its time to let go. I know began that conversation about our Stinker just a day before she passed. We all knew she was getting close, but I dont think anyone wants to make that ' date' with destiny. That's a hard call, as we always want just one more day..just one more.

Paul B. The pic that Charlie shared truly touched my heart. I know that anyone who has a ' family member', a beloved pet that they've shared their lives with can relate to that photo,and as they say one pic is worth a thousand words, but that photo can be somed up on a few.. unconditional LOVE. A love that transends Man and beast. You were blessed to share your time with such an amazing four legged who taught you many lessons I'm sure, they seem to do that along our life journey in this life. they truly teach us the ways of loyalty and patience. I always wanted a Great Pryness, but never had the proper place to have one. They are such a magnificant creature. I so loved the pic of her sitting on that teeny tiny cubby...lol, well it almost seemed like a little toy with her sitting atop it. Thanks so much for sharing a few of your memories with us.

angel.gif

Paul:
sad.gif

On putting a pet down: We had Cassie, a Golden, for about 16 years. She kept going downhill toward the end and it was hard to make the final decision but the best advice I got (and firmly believe in) was "YOU'LL know when it's time". Her grandaughter, Thea, got deaf and slow and at about 14 got killed by a car. SOB driver never identified itself - it would have been like hitting a turtle. However, she may have committed doggiecide, we'll never know.
sad.gif

Now that I've depressed myself:
243810.jpg

This is Shadow and her sister China, about 9 1/2 years old. We've had Shadow since she was about 4 weeks old - her mother didn't have enough milk to support 4 puppies. China we got at about 4 when her humans split up. We had her spayed, found she has pancreaitis, put her on meds and gave her to a good friend who brings her for us to babysit now and then. It's a win/win situation (which doesn't happen everyday!). Although the same age, China is still much more active than Shadow, although when together they become a pack of 2.
happy.gif

While I can still edit: Their 4 major breeds are Jack Russell, Chow, Pit Bull and Rotweiller. Death to small animals = reason we shouldn't have a cat.
sad.gif

Soooo, America's Got Talent went to the DOGS this year.! Did anyone catch the show this year? I was so happy to see O'late dogs win. What amazing trainers and beautiful dogs, and you can tell they all loved what they were doing.!

So, I asked the kitty people this, and so I'll ask you puppy people too..

What silly quirks, habits do your dogs have/do?

take care..Angel aka Cathleen

Back