• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The 1712 is pissed at me today

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
So I go out to hop on the 1712 to mow some grass. Smell gas, open the hood and look to find the fuel pump seeping gas. Tighten 4 screws, still seeps a little. Head for the shelf, grab a new fuel pump, slap it on and head out to mow.
After about 30 minutes it starts to stumble, I back off the throttle and bang it back to WTH and continue on. Did good for about 45 minutes, stumbles again. So I go for the choke, Pull it about half way out and it fires on all 2 cylinders and does fine for about 30 minutes and starts to get hot.
Being a newbee to KT17's. Is it normal to have to readjust the carb after installing a new fuel pump? Or is the bran freakin new pump no good.

I mowed last week for 3 hours straight and it did fine, Man I hate being stupid on stuff, and no I've not RTFM manual yet.

Digger: Shouldn't have to adjust the carb, but you didn't mention changing the oil. Alot of times the gasoline from the tank ends up in the crankcase thinning the oil out a good deal. I like to install electric pumps on the KT engines.

The only thing I can think might have happened is that the new pump pressure stressed the needle and seat of the carb, or you may possibly have a bad float.

Finally, what kind of carb is it?

I hear the Walbros are junk and that when they mess up you're better off throwing them away.

1a_scratchhead.gif
Go read the manual.
smile.gif

Wow, sounds like my 782. I'm in search of a new carb because I can't get anything from it anymore. Good luck, I'm watching to see if you have the same problem as me.

Earl,
The carb is easy to find.
CLICK HERE

Jeremiah,
The leak was all external. It's a junk Walbro that's going to get replaced by the link above I post for Earl. Norman is a great guy!

And I just ordered it. Now I'm eager to get my 782 going again. I hope it works out for you too Charlie!

Charlie,

The same thing happened to me recently: Filled the darn crankcase with oil and engine needed readjusting after running well for a while I richened it up one full turn and we will see::::

Yea well, wait till you see some pics I'm posting tomorrow, LOL
This 1712 has turned into a freakin mess all the way. But I will beat it!
biggrin.gif

Here's a small sample for ya Kraig.
I had to bring out the big gun after I finally got tired of a vibration!
320824.jpg

320825.jpg

Can't imagine why! LOL
320826.jpg

That was just the beginning, it all went downhill after that!
Pic to follow

Digger,
Did you check the engine to engine mounting plate bolts? All mine were loose or missing

Digger,
You ever get that 1712 all squared away and running correctly? Did you change out the Carb?

Back