• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The 109: My first wide frame, My first hydro, and my first solo refurb.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly looks like it, but I'm not sure.. I'll look next time I'm in town at the shop.

I do believe it is an LP head.. Its been awhile since i've been at the shop. I oughta go up and put my new choke cable with the rest of my parts.. maybe do a little more work on it.

Yes, you should.
happy.gif
Also, you should know that an LP head is a desireable head. The earlier 10 hp's had them, but I don't know if a 109 would be considered 'earlier". Food for thought - open to conversation.
happy.gif

Well, hey, higher compression is always a good thing in my book. Oh, I decided to just tear the motor all apart, even though it looks good. I want to mic the crank and everything else, just so I know where I stand.

I suppose its time I post an update, eh? I haven't touched the motor, other than pulling the piston. I've mainly been working with paint stripper, sandpaper, and a wire wheel trying to get the tractor ready for its new paint job.. (by the way, i realized yesterday the yellow and white I have are MTD Cub Cadet yellow/beige. >.<) I suppose it could be worse, right? could be John Deere green and yellow.

I'd take slow progress over no progress.. Unfortunately, there is no progress.. I'm in Michigan helping the family on the farm this week, so no cub time till the weekend.
a---allalone.gif
Maybe. (of course, if Grandpa and I go over to uncle Phil's, the 102 is sitting in that shed..)
whistling.gif

OK.. I'm back in Ohio.. (We got the fender radio working, BTW. The speakers weren't grounded, among other things.) I did a little more painting today, but, its just toooo hot to do much at one time.. The engine is getting figured out.. Time to order parts from CC Specialties, lol..

OK. So, I did some more painting today. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY- it will look 10x better than when I got it, but its just gonna be a work tractor, so not everything- mostly the frame -won't be smooth as glass. I'm pleased with how my white is turning out- seems to be even with few runs and not many (if any) gouges..) I'm less pleased with the yellow, though.. But, this is a work tractor, and this paint job will last me for a few years, until I have the tools to do it RIGHT. THEREFORE, I would appreciate it if, when I eventually post pics, you keep the acid tongues to a bare minimum. Trust me, I've seen every flaw in this paintjob 10 times, and hate myself for letting each one go. I do plan to re-re-paint.. as soon as I can, (while doing it right).

Back