• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Texting and Driving do not mix

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry R I saw that video last week on Fox News. It should be mandatory for text offenders & first time drivers...

That is an awesome video...I will be having my wife and daughter watch it tonight !!

I was doing some texting and driving, like an idiot, and just about drove off of the road. I instantly put my phone away and decided I could wait till I got home. A few years back five teenage girls were killed not far from here in a horrible accident. The cause? Texting while driving. It was very sad because they had just graduated from high school the week before. the NY governor just signed a bill last week that made it illegal to text and drive, with good reason.

Scott, They are "proposing" to make talking or any kind of cell phone use in wisconsin. They are "proposing", not passing it; anyway...yet. Thats kinda stupid, cuz the other day when i was in town, about every 7 out of 10 people were on their cell phone. Thats freakin rediculious!

Local paper mentioned that many PDs, in the attempt to jump on the latest fad, are Twittering local traffic situations.....Hmmmm, I guess you read 'em while you're stopped in the traffic tie-up...

It kills me because I see the local P.D. on thier cell's all the time! I asked a friend of mine, who is an officer, why they do that. His reply "Official business" I told him he was full of crap too!Sheriffs and the staties are no better either and then they cram all that computer junk in the car so you cant tell me they arent "distracted"!

Damn bitch! If that were my Cub Cadet sitting there I'd be-a-pissed!

that happened a few years ago... it gives you an appreciation for modern side impact door bars... I have a 66 fairlane, and am considering putting something inside the doors.... if that seat was occupied, it might have been fatal...

SCOTT - If you look closely at the pic of the Pontiac with the Lexus "Removed" the pass. door is laying smashed on the pass. seat. The Lexus pushed the seat beyond the door jamb. The body of the car was deformed enough to allow that. The door beams may have helped by keeping the door straighter but to me that's questionable. A stronger door would have just deformed the whole body more. The Lexus driving "Into" the LeMans raised the frt wheels of the Lexus off the ground and stopped it from doing any more damage.

The old '40 Ford is fixable but I think the LeMans is toast. And for all the damage done with it, the frt of the Lexus looks in decent shape.

UGH... Stupid people just annoy the HECK out of me. Hope the girl in the Lexus has good insurance and the owner of the LeMans & Ford sued her for damages.

JEREMIAH - Hopefully he had good collector car insurance like Haggarty or similar. We had a discussion about them on another forum and they actually go to bat for their customers against totally negligent people like that girl.

That vintage of car has a full frame under it but I would be surprised if there wasn't frame damage, and the body is totally warped. I think it's beyond fixing. Look at how the dash was crushed.

Hopefully it's not a car with personal history for the owner, like the owner's first car or his Mom or Dad's car. No chance of finding another one of those at Barrett-Jackson or Mecum's.

My Buddy bought a "Project" about 5-6 yrs ago, '68 Chevelle SS with a big block. Car was in pieces and what was there was really rough. He paid about TWICE what the car sold for brand new. And more than the sticker price of the '77 Pontiac Firebird Esprit I ordered out before X-mas '76 and took delivery of the first week of Feb. '77.

254035.jpg

I have enjoyed riding motorcycle for many years but with the disregard shown by people texting while driving, it really causes me to wonder whether it's now time to sell the bike. I observe many drivers looking toward their laps when their vehicle is in motion and, even when I'm in my truck, it causes me great concern.

Every year at the Puyallup Fair, the Wash State Patrol has a car on display that someone was killed in. Last year about 2 feet was missing from the front half of the drivers side including the drivers seat. She was 18yo and a good looker too.

We'll probably start seeing "habitual texters" in the future after the laws take over like they did with alcohol and driving. I personally think all phones in cars should be turned off by law.

That's a real shame about the loss of those vintage cars. It could have been worse and involved a GTO though and I do hope sentimentality wasn't involved as well. I don't think the Ford has seen its last show.

Wow, that video brings back memories. I had a 67 GTO that was involved in a nearly identical t-bone accident back in the mid 70's. I remember the state cop telling me, boy your lucky you were driving a full frame car. If you'd have been in a car with subframes, I wouldn't be talking to you.
If you look at that LeMans, I believe the texters car was slightly airborne jumping the curb and didn't really contact the sill, frame of the Lemans. The door and posts took the brunt of the collision. In my wreck, I was hit in the exact same spot by a full size Grand Marquis at 45 MPH but the frame took the brunt of the impact and the Marquis didn't enter the passenger compartment nearly has much. Then again I didn't have another vehicle next to me so my Goat was able to slide sideways to absorb some impact. And yes my Goat was totaled, to this day it's the car I miss most.

Bob

The really amazing thing in this thread is that all anyone's really concerned about is the loss of a car.

No matter how "hard" it may be to replace, the potential loss of life would be impossible to replace.

Y'all should look up the Welsh "cow" PSA...

Bryan M. Than You for putting things into perspective. My parents constantly told us kids to never try and outrun a train to a crossing since one of my Mom's cousins and some other kids were killed doing just that as teenagers. Vehicles can be replaced or duplicates can be hand created. However someone's life is a treasure that once gone is gone forever. BTDT with too many family members and friends. And as a Sensitive/Medium, I can't tell you of the tremendous guilt/hurt that you experience when you "just know" of that one time that you see someone will be the last time you see them alive. And you aren't allowed to say anything. I can't tell you of actually seeing the accidently happen and wishing that you could have prevented it in someway.

Latest posts

Back