• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tecumseh hh 120

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I do not believe that Cub Cadet ever used an HH120. The companies that come to my mind who did use those engines are Massey Ferguson, and Sears.

The only Cub to ever use a Tecumseh engine was the Cadet 60 RER. I can't recall the exact engine model but it had 6 horsepower.

I recently found one on the pallet in the box NEW. It has never had gas or oil ( other assembly oil ) in it !
that's pretty cool!
I'd heard older Tecumseh motors were pretty good...but the only one I can remember running is on my parent's mid-80's Troy-bilt rototiller. Hasn't been run in years but I'm thinking a good carb clean up and some tuning, it should run again fine...

John Deere used a Tecumseh HH110 in the 112 garden tractors.

I would be interested in it if you want to sell it, I have a massey ferguson I would put it on.
The cast iron tecumseh engine's were not terrible.

I would be interested in it if you want to sell it, I have a massey ferguson I would put it on.
The cast iron tecumseh engine's were not terrible.
I would agree early cast Tec.were good engines but their carbs were terrible.They got caught up in box store products where the whole point was cheap and they most certainly went that way.My favorite cheap was a push mower engine with an uncovered air filter made of paper.I f you left that out in the rain it wasn't going to run until the filter was pulled....Magnets glued to flywheel often came off...I stopped working on modern ones.....thrown quite a few in the junk pile.....

I have an HH100 I would sell. Its out of a massey 10 that I repowered with a Honda.

I would sell my HH100. It is a running engine. Smoked a little. First 100 bucks takes it. I am in Lancaster PA.

I worked with a guy for a couple years that bought Maintenance, Repair and Operating supplies for a couple Tecumseh plants here in Wisconsin. We got talking during a break one day about small gas engines, and HE said the winterized snow blower engines were "O-K", no other company had anything comparable, but said even HE wouldn't use anything else they made. There used to be LOTS and LOTS of small air-cooled gas engines made in Wisconsin. Generac made an interesting series of larger displacement higher hp engines that would have made great engines for use in an SGT. I think there was some info in the Puller posts on them years ago.

Back