• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tachometer used to set speed on K-301

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I set the RPMs on my K301 I used one like this that I borrowed from a friend (I should probably get one for myself...):

Laser Tach

It comes with some reflective tape that you place on a rotating part. I placed it on the crank and set the RPMs before I installed the PTO Clutch. You can see it in this photo:

K301.jpg

I have one of these sirometers, you hold it on the motor and watch the little wire thingy vibrate at the right tempo at 3700 no load rpm.

Attachments

• DSC05580.JPG
    DSC05580.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC05581.JPG
    DSC05581.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 191
I have one, and a pencil type vibrator tach, but I prefer a digital induction tach that picks up from the plug wire - it can also have an hour meter. Leave it mounted.
Use 'em on my ATVs too.

@djkelly I like the idea leaving it mounted. Please post model or link to purchase. I also like the sirometer marked “Made in W Germany,“ don’t see that anymore!

I bought a sirometer several years ago, don't remember where, but it came in a box labeled
Briggs and Stratton vibra tach.

From the archives, I believe these may have originally been posted by Bryan McMeen. I know that Bryan had a Tiny Tach on his 1450:

5208.jpg
5209.jpg
5210.jpg
7536.jpg

My snap on multimeter has a function on it where i hook a clamp on the #1 spark plug and it will read rmps. Works pretty good

Attachments

• 20200327_144959.jpg
    20200327_144959.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 171
Back