• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Super steer axle question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The late super steer casting is swept forward out by the spindles, and I believe all the swept axles have the taller spindles. They'd be on later cyclops tractors like the 1863 & 64.
The earlier MTD casting does turn slightly tighter than the IH wide frame front axle, has a slightly wider track width, and the spindle height keeps the ride height relatively the same. I've heard you can swap the shorter earlier casting spindles to the swept forward axle but I haven't tried it myself. This axle was on early model cyclops tractors.

I used an 1864 front axle on my 149/DanCo loader project a few years back as well as the power steering from it.

1635167515005.jpeg

1635167632621.jpeg

Go here for more info on the Super Steer conversion - Cub Cadet FAQ its #18 on the FAQ page
Here is my red project with a super steer front axle installed. This one lifted the front, and then I added 18" tires, the rears are 27" tall.
I have another front axle I could part with if anyone is interested. I would put it with a wideframe regular axle to get a pic this weekend but I am not sure if I have a reg axle laying around
1466-2.jpg

Go here for more info on the Super Steer conversion - Cub Cadet FAQ its #18 on the FAQ page
Here is my red project with a super steer front axle installed. This one lifted the front, and then I added 18" tires, the rears are 27" tall.
I have another front axle I could part with if anyone is interested. I would put it with a wideframe regular axle to get a pic this weekend but I am not sure if I have a reg axle laying aroundView attachment 146247
Looks awesome! Are those 27x10 interforce on the back?

Back