Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Super steer axle question

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Bill Pelton IV

I'm curious as I'm trying to weigh options for a custom project, does anyone know which super axles kick forward, and which ones lift the front of the tractor?

bkattner

displayname
Brian Kattner
The late super steer casting is swept forward out by the spindles, and I believe all the swept axles have the taller spindles. They'd be on later cyclops tractors like the 1863 & 64.
The earlier MTD casting does turn slightly tighter than the IH wide frame front axle, has a slightly wider track width, and the spindle height keeps the ride height relatively the same. I've heard you can swap the shorter earlier casting spindles to the swept forward axle but I haven't tried it myself. This axle was on early model cyclops tractors.

vthomley

displayname
Vincent Thomley
Go here for more info on the Super Steer conversion - Cub Cadet FAQ its #18 on the FAQ page
Here is my red project with a super steer front axle installed. This one lifted the front, and then I added 18" tires, the rears are 27" tall.
I have another front axle I could part with if anyone is interested. I would put it with a wideframe regular axle to get a pic this weekend but I am not sure if I have a reg axle laying around
1466-2.jpg

Bill Pelton IV

Go here for more info on the Super Steer conversion - Cub Cadet FAQ its #18 on the FAQ page
Here is my red project with a super steer front axle installed. This one lifted the front, and then I added 18" tires, the rears are 27" tall.
I have another front axle I could part with if anyone is interested. I would put it with a wideframe regular axle to get a pic this weekend but I am not sure if I have a reg axle laying aroundView attachment 146247
Looks awesome! Are those 27x10 interforce on the back?