• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sunrise and Sunset Photos

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more - taken in the Saginaw area in early July..

290170.jpg

290171.jpg

Gerry, very nice! Taken in July!?! You've been holding out on us.
shame.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Marty, very nice! I especially like the second one from the top.

Gerry,

These were taken in Avon, on the Outer Banks of NC.

Kraig,

Look close, just above the horizon, and you will see a pelican flying. It looks like a black dot in the middle of the second pic.

This isn't really a sunrise photo - I took it at about 9:00am this morning - but it seemed earlier. It was -5 degrees, and the sun positioned behind the big house on the corner really made the sundogs stand out. Taking the shot into the sunlight (with my phone) also darkened everything in front, really emphasizing the cold. I still shiver a little when I look at it! (Although it's a little less dramatic after downsizing to sub-100kb.)

293230.jpg

Greg, great photo! Beautiful. I love seeing Sun Dogs, though I don't particularly care for the cold temps that produce them.

Jeremiah, Sun Dogs are formed by ice crystals in the sky refracting sunlight. They form off to the sides of the Sun usually in the morning or evening when the Sun is lower in the sky. In Greg's photo the Sun is rising behind the house and the Sun Dogs are the lights you see off to each side.

SUN DOGS and other Atmospheric phenomena

Frank, any chance you have a high resolution version of that? If so, if you email it to me I'll post it bigger so we can all have a better look. It looks like it was quite the sunrise!
happy.gif

The sunrise here this morning was nice as well.

295125.jpg

Here's a higher resolution version of Frank's sunrise photo:

295143.jpg

A couple of sunrise pics I took last Sunday.. Marathon Florida..

296268.jpg

296269.jpg

Gerry, very nice!

Charlie, nice crepuscular rays in the top photo! Hmmm, Chichen Itza resembles those crepuscular rays... I never put that together before.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back