• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Steering fix.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exSW

Since I'm nut n bolting my 782 for spring I've discovered this. The frame crossmember that holds the steering box flexes. This adds to slop in the steering. Any fixes?

Is it cracked somewhere? It should not be flexing enough to add any noticeable slop to the steering if everything is intact.

Is it cracked somewhere? It should not be flexing enough to add any noticeable slop to the steering if everything is intact.
Doesn't appear to be. But with the driveshaft cover off you can see it deflect when you work the steering wheel.

Have you removed the box? Maybe it's cracked right at the mounting area? You may have to spend some quality time on your back, under the machine, with dirt falling in your face to find the problem.
🙂

Have you removed the box? Maybe it's cracked right at the mounting area? You may have to spend some quality time on your back, under the machine, with dirt falling in your face to find the problem.
🙂
I did. On further examination it looks like one leg of the crossmember has broken the weld to the frame rail.

Ahhh, the old bad news - good news deal. Bad that it's broken - good that you found it. Congrats! 👍

Back