• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Starter Solenoid. Quick to fail

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
When I first got the 782, there were many small things wrong. A biggy was; it was missing about 50% of the Harness. It had just enough cut and taped wires to Start the Engine. Not even the charging system was wired. The previous owner had a screw driver to jump out the Starter Solenoid. This solenoid looks identical to many Fender mounted solenoids on Older Fords. So when I wired up the tractor I bought a Ford solenoid. It has been under 2 years now and the new solenoid is hanging up and just not reliable. Just wondering if anyone else has issues with their solenoids since it is a bit more subject to bad weather being so close to the rear tires as opposed to a cars fender. Maybe my 'new' solenoid wasn't as weather tight as it should be. It was a mess when I disassembled it. Wonder if the Real Cub Cadet Relay is anymore weather tight.

Trouble most have is usually with the starter bendix, not the solenoid.......

Try another one.....

Latest posts

Back