• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

starter on farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even a nice sediment bowl can pass more trash than you would believe as for placement. I doubt the battery would get hot enough to bother the filter. Especially if it is in under the factory cover.

no factory cover on this one. it looks like it’s had its share of “updates” over the years. i will keep the filter, just move it closer to the carb. sparks are my concern. i’d actually like to relocate the battery to make it easier to jump, etc but i’m not doing anything until i get it running

that i don’t know. i would guess it’s 12 but how would i tell? my son bought this a few years ago and it was already done

If it is still 6 volt it will spin the tractor faster than it idles. I have never changed a starter due to voltage. Does not hurt them.

Pull it off, it will start if it’s firing and getting fuel and air. I think I might have a manual for your H ? If you don’t have one, will check Sunday when I arrive home.

the battery is definitely a 12v. i bought a load tester and it shows the battery as bad even though it takes a charge. so i will buy a new one and clean out the bellhousing. i've had marvel oil in the cylinders for a couple days. probably won't get to this for another week or so. archery season and all.

i appreciate all the help

Latest posts

Back