• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Spring Pin removal

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jparsons

displayname
John Parsons
I managed to shear off the front left wheel of my cub cadet 123 yesterday. After cooling down my emotions for a day, I started the repair process this morning. The left knuckle spindle must be replaced. It sheared off right at the 90 degree bend in the spindle. I see there is a spring pin holding the drag link arm assembly onto the top of the knuckle spindle. Any suggestions on how best to remove the pin? I can take a punch to it and bang it out if nothing else is better. Thanks!

You should be able to weld or have that welded back on. If you do so, be sure to add some splints to it to reinforce it. The spiroll pin, aka coiled roll pin, should just drive out with a pin punch.

That's going to be pretty difficult to weld back together and have equivalent strength of the undamaged part without adding a LOT of extra material. I'd suggest finding a used spindle.

Matt, that depends on where the break occurred. This spindle on my 125 broke right at the corner of the 90 like John mentions his did. It broke back in the mid 1990's. I had a friend weld it for me and this tractor has been my main use tractor up until last year. It has a short splint welded on each side which is kind of hard to see under all the grease...

Spindle_01.jpg

Back