• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Spring Hallow cultivater

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenovick1

Just pick one of these up off Craigslist. $125. Seems like a Good Deal. After Rototilling I assume this would be the next process. Anyone using cultivaters. I’m hoping I will not need a Disc. Need some Input.

B2044864-6EA6-4E32-A341-30288C7F6B41.jpeg

DAD actually got his picture in RED POWER MAGAZINE 20 years ago when he was using his Brinley cultivator with middlebuster sweep to dig & harvest his potatoe crop one fall. That was back when Hank Will was writing for RPM and Hank's wife was President of the college my sister got her Bachelor's from.
What I find funny, Dad bought the nearly unused Ohio Steel Fabricating moldboard plow I took to several plowdays from 2001 to 2006. Dad couldn't make it plow right, no IH 3-point or sleeve hitch. I dug it out of the scrap pile and fabbed up my sleeve hitch on my #72. It actually worked really good! My Sister-in-law grew two really BIG gardens, each over an acre, If she gardened it, she didn't have to mow it every week. And I'd plow whatever Dad had ready to fall plow. By the time PD#1 came around I had already plowed 5-6 acres. Dad bought the plow at a yard sale for $5 about 1995. I doubt you can find one any good for under $150 now.

I got a brinly 10" plow for free a couple months ago. It was at one of my delivery stops. It was going to be scrapped with some other scrap iron. A little rusty but it can be cleaned up. I now have 2 10" brinlys. Thinking of making a 2 bottom variable width plow...

Back