Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Spring Hallow cultivater

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Stevenovick1

Just pick one of these up off Craigslist. $125. Seems like a Good Deal. After Rototilling I assume this would be the next process. Anyone using cultivaters. I’m hoping I will not need a Disc. Need some Input.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Roto till and plant,
Make sure your rows are far enough apart to utilize the cultivator when needed.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
DAD actually got his picture in RED POWER MAGAZINE 20 years ago when he was using his Brinley cultivator with middlebuster sweep to dig & harvest his potatoe crop one fall. That was back when Hank Will was writing for RPM and Hank's wife was President of the college my sister got her Bachelor's from.
What I find funny, Dad bought the nearly unused Ohio Steel Fabricating moldboard plow I took to several plowdays from 2001 to 2006. Dad couldn't make it plow right, no IH 3-point or sleeve hitch. I dug it out of the scrap pile and fabbed up my sleeve hitch on my #72. It actually worked really good! My Sister-in-law grew two really BIG gardens, each over an acre, If she gardened it, she didn't have to mow it every week. And I'd plow whatever Dad had ready to fall plow. By the time PD#1 came around I had already plowed 5-6 acres. Dad bought the plow at a yard sale for $5 about 1995. I doubt you can find one any good for under $150 now.

tlavalette

displayname
Tom Lavalette
I got a brinly 10" plow for free a couple months ago. It was at one of my delivery stops. It was going to be scrapped with some other scrap iron. A little rusty but it can be cleaned up. I now have 2 10" brinlys. Thinking of making a 2 bottom variable width plow...

Stevenovick1

Well let me tell yah. They don’t look like much. But sure is Heavy. Well made. Just have to be careful not to loose those “Pins”

Latest posts