• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Spring garden work.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les and I made a batch of NF Hyd lift rockshafts w/new arms and pins a couple months ago and have not had time or decent weather to even get them painted!!

That was a fun project for the SB and the mill once I had the set up made.

Wish I had a tank I could do that with but then how do I get an air supply to a cemetery 2 miles out in the boondocks!!

Guess I'll just keep on dribbling w/my garden hose!!
Looked on line at many pumps as suggested and none I found even mentioned pressure output.
Should be good this week though as rain is in the forecast for the next 10 days!!

Wish I had a tank I could do that with but then how do I get an air supply to a cemetery 2 miles out in the boondocks!!

Guess I'll just keep on dribbling w/my garden hose!!
Looked on line at many pumps as suggested and none I found even mentioned pressure output.
Should be good this week though as rain is in the forecast for the next 10 days!!
106 extension cords (100')... be sure to tie the ends together. 🤪

If you don't need it working constantly, what about an air compressor that plugs into your cigarette lighter and then hook up a timer? Could use a battery and recharge it every so often...🤔

This project is Cub Cadet based, right? I see a few options:
1) Gravity assist in the form of that FEL for a Cub Cadet you have been wanting.
2) Air assist via a converted AC compressor mounted on a Cub Cadet.
3) 12V sprayer mounted behind a Cub Cadet.

A couple miles into the boondocks @ Cub Cadet speed => good seat time.

as far as "pressure"... you will not need much in a 50gal Drum... much over #10-#15 and you will compromise the drum. If it's just to help gravity and create a more consistent pattern- you can get a small 12V pump made for air-horns (used alot on motorcycles). They will have low pressure, but a good volume.

If you use a large "pressure-vessel" that will handle more pressure... there are a selection of 12V compressors (made for car tires etc) that should keep up with your needs.

Just scored a 55 gal plastic drum that has not been cut.;
2 bungs in the top I can tap into, both have pipe threads already tapped.
I think I can make this work and use my battery pack w/built in air compressor.
I just remembered I even had that thing!!

they do sell industrial gasoline engine powered air compressors, I bet one of those would work.

I'm liking another idea in this thread though, the 'air compressor mounted to Cub Cadet' concept. Might build a little attachment to mount on the front of one of them and bolt up a compressor pump I have laying around!
would also be able to swap it with the generator that I also have laying around when needed :errrr:

Not a problem!!

Attachments

• DSCN2337.JPG
    DSCN2337.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 158
Back